Free Agency Targets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by AH3, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TM

TM Starter

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why are al these people talking about signing keith bulluck?

He has a major knee injury!

There is no logical reason to sign him and i doubt anyone else will during the free agent period. It will not be until may or even june when we have enough information about his rehab and recovery to even make an educated decision.

Someone said to franchise him. Ok pay him almost $9M in salary when we don't even know of he will be able to have a training camp? Franchise a guy who might have to pup?

He will be 33.

Too many issues unless we want to give him a decent one year deal just out of loyalty.

I'm assuming keith bulluck will never be a titan again.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Signing brown will not be easy. With the season he had he will be looking for a cory redding type deal($7M a year) to keep him from going FA and will likely want at least 4 years.

Brown turns 30 in september so a big deal like that is unlikely.

Marlin Jackson might be a good play since he was hurt this year and is not a pro bowl type guy. He is the type of player we typically like to sign a mid priced type guy who is versatile and has played both safety and in the slot but still is an upgrade outside. He is still young and with the play of lacy and powers i doubt of the colts will keep him.

That's also why i like gary brackett a good player for mid level money who fits our system.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd offer Tony Brown 5yr/30mil. And did you say Gary Brackett??? Oh no no no. Signing the Colts trash should be a thing of the past. Nick Harper - bumb, Thorton - sadly sucks now, and Jake Scott didn't do great but is good.

5. 24

24 Starter

He played poorly this year. No thanks. I'd rather have Tramon Williams.

6. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

Lets face facts, we do not go after big names. So take all of those names of the list and look for us to get a mid-tier guy. The only way I see us making a big splash (outside of resigning Brown) is if we truly think there is no true starting talent we can get in the late rounds.

Since we need basically 3 positions (CB, OLB/LB for depth, and DE/DT) and only have one impact pick (our first) we will probably see who we can realistically get and leverage free agency to replenish the other positions. Looking at the draft now, we could realistically get any of the 3 (maybe not CB since its weak and there is really only one stud there).

Given that I would guess we go after R. Marshall, Carlos Rogers, D. Robinson or M. Jackson as the DB (in that order - though I doubt Marshall becomes available).

No one in the LOB/DE/DT market (lets let our guys play and then grab a tweener in the late rounds for depth and a stud with our first pick- this is assuming we resign Brown and Tulloch and maybe Bulluck for a one year deal).

Then make a attempt at a

7. iQon

iQon Starter

Hard to have a wishlist when we don't know who the F/O will even attempt to go after.

I'd like to see what they do with Scaife/Crumpler. If we lose both, we're in trouble. I'd cut Collins if I could reel David Carr in. Wouldn't mind cutting Washington and giving that contract to Breaston (assuming that's too much for Arizona to match. They were stingy with Boldin after all). Surprisingly wouldn't mind Lance Moore or T.O. for relatively cheap. Find a damn returner. And draft the hell out of some guys that specialize in something other than stopping the run. Because that's why we always come up short.

In fact, just fire Fisher to eliminate opposition to that. Because it's his obsession with running and stopping the run that has us in this predicament. The game has evolved and we need some guys who can cover.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

T.O. is done

9. iQon

iQon Starter

As a elite receiver? Yeah, but who would sign him expecting him to be one? He's still got enough to be productive as a #2 here. (Not that we'd even look at him)

Last I checked, he still looked to have a better year than any Titans receiver I can remember in recent years. Even better than Torry Holt, who most fans drooled over. Take a page from San Diego and keep bringing in taller receivers.

10. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

i rather see money spent on defense more than anything. Kenny Britt has proved to be the #1 and I feel pretty good about Gage and Washington. I'd like to see a top DE brought in and a corner.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar