Free agency: Day 1

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_Camo

Blue_Camo Starter

Yeah, but I would at the very least buy their jersey.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

9 times out of 10 when teams throw big contracts at greedy players that just want a check, they get burned for a bunch of money and cut the player in a couple of years...and still suck.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You said they wouldn't come because we were a 2 win team. Point made.
    And do you really wanna suggest all big free agents fail 90% of the time?

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I guess if you want to own a jersey for a guy that won't be on the team in 2-3 years.

How many times have we seen big name players go to the highest bidder, collect a huge signing bonus, and suck it up for 2 years and be cut?

Happens every year.. But somehow fans still think that's the answer. Throw a bunch of money at a guy that doesn't really want anything to do with the team, but he sure wants that check.

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I think until we wiff on hardy and/or orakpo people need to stop freaking out.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think you and I have a different idea of what is a BIG free agent signing. Suh or Revis can NOT be cut after 2 years as the teams wouldn't have the cap room to cut them. How is Mario Williams doing as a guy who took a HUGE contract to go play for a nobody team? Now they have one of the best defenses in the NFL. Players at this kind of contract level rarely 'fail'......even when going to losing teams.

If you're talking like $6mil/yr guys...that's different. But it's also why we need to change the CULTURE on this team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Blue_Camo

Blue_Camo Starter

If you have a few studs, you can fill positions with run of the mill talent that might revolve season after season, and still have a better than 2-14 team. Just ask the Pats, problem is, we have had not one stud on this team since 2003 except for CJ's blowout season although we were blown out in the playoffs.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

What I've come to realize about this 3-day tampering weekend, it's garbage.

1. The NFL is insanely ignorant if they think the team and agent for a soon to be free agent from another team are not talking contract details on the phone.

2. I'm really not sure why this was created in the first place. Is it for the player getting the most he can get before signing or is the NFL trying to give teams one last shot at bringing back their current talent? All this really does is stress out fans who are in no way in the know about what really is going on and gives the teams that still have the weekend to re-sign players, all the power.

For example, we've already seen McCourty's group and Sanchez's group use us as a spring board for more money. Is a player really going to sit on their hands for a whole weekend when the team you're already familiar with offers you more than what you asked? No. Especially to teams like the Patriots and Packers. What this period really is all about is a player dipping their toe in the free agent pool and more than likely just staying put. At least for the big time players.

Unfortunately, since we're the Titans, we didn't see the positive effects regarding Morgan. When we actually need to keep a player, they leave. Special teams? Oh let's get right on that.

9. Carp

Carp Starter

Bulaga re-signed with his former team. He wanted to stay there, or else he would have tested the waters and made some visits.

Marshall is old, coming off an injury riddled year, and is not a good clubhouse guy. He's not the type of guy that fits what we need in the locker room right now. We need leaders, on and off the field. Marshall is not that.

Torrey Smith would have been nice. But there weren't any other rumors about any other teams being a front runner other than San Fran. More likely that Smith simply wanted to play for San Fran.

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

one of the best posts so far...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar