Free agency and the draft sunk the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Dec 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

That's kinda my point. It's pretty seldom a team wins a superbowl based on one off-season. We can look at last off-season and call it a failure, or we can look at jrobs entire tenure and realize that he's managed to build a consistently competitive team, despite never having a franchise qb. Thats pretty impressive in this league

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Like lose to the Bengals, or sign Clowney & Beasley, or draft a 1st round bust?
    I'm optimistic about this season, and think JRob is great, but cannot agree with your post.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

The point is, stuff like this happens, to good teams. The Titans aren’t special because bad things have happened.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Agree. I like what JRob has done overall and even like the effort towards filling the holes this past offseason, just didn't work out.
    The draft was not very good, but he's done enough that I wouldn't cast him off based on this year alone.

I think I was just pointing out that I don't want to be "offseason champs". Generally, I see offseason champ as overspending for an attempt at immediate payout and run into financial cap issues the following year or two.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar