Free agency and the draft sunk the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Dec 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

We're literally missing like half our defensive starters and people still can't understand why our defense is bad.... Lol.

I'll give you special teams has been awful though part of that can be contributed to injury too.

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Man, at least we haven’t lost to a team with no name, or signed Cam, or lost to the Giants... or any other thing that “good” teams have done this year.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

The seasons not over, the Titans likely win the division, almost certainly make the playoffs. From there anything can happen, as evidenced by the run last year.

The NFL is tough, even the worst teams aren't gimme games. A lot of it comes down to luck to, change one play in some of the titans games and the team could be 10-2 or 2-10 really. Ravens went from 14-2 to 7-5 and they won the off-season everyone said.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

"offseason champ". The worst "award" that can be bestowed upon a team. Almost assures everyone that the upcoming season will be a disappointment if not outright failure.

5. HurrayTitans!

"offseason champ". The worst "award" that can be bestowed upon a team. Almost assures everyone that the upcoming season will be a disappointment if not outright failure.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I mean we “won” the Clowney sweepstakes, I would tread careful there lol

7. HurrayTitans!

I do recall a lot of "victory" laps about Clowney, I don't recall anyone thinking the Titans won the offseason.
    The last couple years were owned by Jax and Cleveland, both of which were very underwhelming performances after "winning".

I think signing a big name player (especially at a position of need) is different than winning the entire offseason. Many teams get 1 player.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Oh for sure, I don’t really know of any “off season” victory’s this year, but I know Clowney was fairly highly coveted by many here.

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

It must really mess with your mind to know the future. I can’t imagine the cerebral damage of knowing an unknown reality would do to a person. You might want to lay off the Icehouse’s until you get medically cleared.

10. HurrayTitans!

Not seeing the future, Using the past couple years (4-5) as the prime example.

It's not an official award of course and is absolutely subjective who "won" the offseason champ award, but as I pointed out, Cle and Jax were 2 recent winners and than once. Neither team turned out successful those particular years.

As pointed out, I don't really recall any winners for this year, someone did mention Baltimore. I'd say they took a pretty big step backwards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar