Freak out: Eagles bench Kearse, starting Thomas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

He sucks,....He sucked the moment he left this team. Hell, he was below average his last season here. I knew he was finished once the injury bug bit his *****.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He didn't suck. Kearse had 7.5 sacks in each of his first 2 years after he left here. He had 3.5 sacks in just 2 games last year. That's not sucking.

The guy we never should have let leave the titans was thomas who was a productive pass rusher for very little pay.

Kearse has a style of play where he runs sideline to sideline and tries to get in on every tackle. That caused him to wear down faster than most.

Edit: Kearse played in 31 games for the eagles from 04-06. In those 31 games he had 18.5 sacks. That works out to over 9 sacks per 16 games.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He had 5 sacks and 32 tackles in 4 years (41 games).

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Sorry, he kinda set the bar high his rookie season. So anything not close to that kind of production IS sucking in my book. 7.5 sacks per is average at best in my book. I'm sure the Eagles would gladly take that contract back now if they knew what they were getting. That foot injury was not worth the gamble for that amount of money, and it looks like Floyd guessed right on that one.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

he needs to come back home....where he was all-pro and the greatest pass rushing prospect possibly ever

with our line....he can restart his carrer...and assume his position on the best line on earth....KVB, Kearse, Hayns, and whoever...haha

..if only i controlled destiny

6. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

i would take kearse back in a second. he woundt have to play evry down. think of our d line rotation. id love that. i hated it when he left.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny, dare i ask whom or what you may be talking about?

Zell, if 7.5 sacks sucks in your book,:rolleyes: then what would you say about 2 sacks in a season? That's what odom had in each of his first 2 seasons. Last year KVB must have really sucked because he only had 6.5 sacks. Dwight freeney should have been cut with just 5.5 sacks. Kevin carter averaged 5.8 sacks a season when he was here so what a POS he must have been.

In short i think your book sucks and needs revision.. Sorry..

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Roll,

I have no problem with you thinking that 7.5 sacks is productive, which, in essence it is and for our team now, yes that would be GREAT!!!......BUT I was speaking to the likes of Jevon Kearse, an impact game changing DE(well he used to be). The dude barely could stay on the field for us in his last year here. He was constantly hobbled by that bad foot, and never looked the same when he first injured it. And let's put this in prespective..... Kearse signed an 8 year, 60.6 million dollar deal in the 2004, w/16 million up front, and up until this point he has only given them 22 sacks...:ha: ...22 sacks!!. I know the seasons not over, but he's now getting benched for Jaqua Thomas....:ha: I know he's laughing his AZZ off thinking go ahead and bench me I got ya money already anyway.

I'm glad we let him ride, so please people enough with the nostalgia. He, like other old Titans (minus D.Mase) are gone and have nothing else to offer this team, not even in a limited capacity. Youth Best be served!!

Last season, KVB had no production b/c he had no help on the D-line, or in the secondary. Kearse has played with nothing but talent in Philly, but trust If we payed KVB that kind of money, and he got medicore numbers 3 seasons in a row and couldn't stay on the field, then yes he would suck too. And Odom wasn't producing either, but at least we're not paying him tons of bread.

And for your information, I actually do think Dwight Freeny is a Cornball, one trick pony. His numbers are on the decline, and he is not worth that money either. You actually put his name in your post and he only got 5.5 sacks last season, he signs for big money, and is now out for the season..:ha:

Come on Roll get better examples!!

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

1. Money has nothing to do with this discussion. You gave your appraisal of jevon kearse as a player with the eagles and you said he sucks. "Sucks" is the word you used from the moment he left nashville .

2. Based on your relativity logic a player who averaged 15 sacks a year would "suck" if his production went down to 12 sacks a season. Based on your logic ladainian tomlinson "sucks" as a player because he isn't as productive as last year. The word "sucks" means that he was no damn good. Kearse in 04 and 05 led his team in sacks. You are wrong simple as that..

10. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Ok money aside then, ........... He sucks!!!,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar