Franchise Tag (Poll)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanthakur, Dec 2, 2019.

?

If you were Jon Robinson, who would you give the franchise tag to?

This poll will close on Apr 2, 2028 at 7:47 PM.
  1. Henry

26.2%
  2. Tannehill

62.3%
  3. Other (please say who below)

11.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I selected THill but this is my thoughts exactly.

Henry is due some money, but I’d like to argue that it shouldn’t be top RB pay, a little less (maybe 13 mil)

That is less costly than what THill is going to make.

2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Tag Tannehill and draft a QB to develop and sit a year. Extend Henry.

3. HurrayTitans!

I still the threat of a franchise tag helpful in keeping the contract a little lower?
    I’d think for Henry the answer is yes. To me, he has a higher risk of losing his payday after a 1 season deal than THill.

4. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

Franchise one and transition tag the other.

5. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Henry the MVP this season and deserves to get paid but we also got to do whatever we can to keep Tammy. I don't trust us drafting and developing a QB

6. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Tag Tanny extend Henry, use the rest of our money to build a legit offensive line, and wherever else needed. Hire a legitimate offensive coordinator, and offensive line coach, and see how Tanny does under the new offense before giving him a large multi year deal.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  7. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

Henry the rb tag isnt nuts and the only reason you tag tanny is if we cNt sign him long term. And that wouldn't be good.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Never let money make your decision for you. I always remove that from the equation with employees because the money you pay today will be squat tomorrow. Remove it from the equation. Operational costs are no longer the challenge, the franchise value is where the big bucks are made. Titans are currently 29th in value, and one superbowl probably moves them into the top 10, creating and additional 1-2 billion in value and squashing the cost of Tannehill or any other qb. And the work is easy when you have talent. What you can't afford to do is lose elite level employees and Henry has more of it. Not only does he have the pedigree, he's proving it again on the field. Tannehill may end up costing us, but he's the more replaceable commodity given he's at best an average qb, and has generally proven to be below average when it matters, so Henry is the best decision in terms of long term financial growth and on the field success.

#18 PhiSlammaJamma, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

@Ensconatus and another one LOL

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

Add QB coach.
    I think everyone is suspect on this team’s ability to scout, draft, and develop the right QB. I’d say lack of QB coach is a large bit of the issue.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar