FRANCHISE QB-OTA!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Up_KD, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Realist when Mariota has struggled... “hater”

To act as if Yoda has been the QB we saw Sunday consistently- is disingenuous.

I’m all for that guy who played Sunday though. He’s a gamer. And it’s exciting to see him in an offense that he looks to excel in. (And not the giant **** fest that was the Mularkey Offense which I criticized weekly for being inept at best.)

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I thought that he looked amazing. Not perfect, for sure, but now his potential seems like more than just that. I just hope that we find someone capable of conducting this offense after LaFluer leaves, because he could do serious damage with receivers this wide open.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

First off...this game was the ultimate roller coaster ride. I was in a big bar with 6 Eagles right near me and the lone other Titans fan (only because of fantasy football) was all the way across the bar. We take a 3-0 lead and all is good...only to watch them take a 17-3 lead...uh oh! And that INT Mariota threw was not good.

But then we come roaring back! Mariota flipped a switch and was awesome. Even better was the playcalling. Gotta give LaFleur a ton of credit!!! REALLY!!! Great calls in clutch situations!

Mariota looked like he did in game one year one where he was throwing darts and looked comfortable. He still has a way to go in this offense but this was a huge step forward in proving he can be a great QB. For those that have questioned his arm strength since day one...should look no further than that 4th and 15th sideline throw which he flat out gunned on a rope. He was also pretty accurate with the deep ball too. I thought he also moved around in the pocket better than he did last year. His throwing and mechanics seemed much improved in the second half...so maybe they do need to let him get into a rhythm.

We really need to get Henry going in this offense!

Let's hope we keep this second half offense going into our next game!

D played well too considering how good that Eagles offense is!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

Not gonna lie, after last season and then watching that horrible INT against eagles I'd giving up. But dam the kid lit up after.

Think we needed to see the fluid passes to Corey and Tajae. Taylor though missing them passes was soul destroying but watching Marcus get 300+ yds made up for it. Still gives you hope that if this keeps up we got our franchise qb and not bortles 2.0.

If Taylor can sharpen up and catch them balls our receiving core is looking rapid and solid left to right.

Now just the run game to pick up.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  5. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

20181001_211456.jpg
    Its yoda related^ ...ish lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Loved seeing this Marcus

Now let's hope he does it consistently.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

if we offer him the right money LaFluer could stay. Vrabel could keep him like The Hoodie always keeps McDaniels

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

LaFluer doesn't have a terrible head coaching resume like McDaniels.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Hell of a game from 8. Let’s hope that becomes the normal.

Mm8 definitely has that it factor. The will to win. The ability to drag his team with him. Can’t teach that. Or his wheels.

We damn near ruined him trying to make him run a system not suited to him. Hopefully, what we saw this week is a glimpse of the present and future.

He’s got everything you want. Just gotta get more consistent and stay healthy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar