Fowler Gets The Nod For MLB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANFANATIC911, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

I wanted Terra Nande at MLB this year... What a shame.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think this is how they'll play them until we find a stud.

Vilma anyone? Anyone?

3. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Fowler to Start at MLB for Titans

SUMMARY: Ryan Fowler has been named the Titans starting MLB entering Sunday's regular season opener against the Jaguars. “It was a great race, competitive, and they both played very well," Coach Jeff Fisher said Monday. “Stephen improved throughout the preseason and it was a hard call. We feel like Ryan will give us a little more in the run game. … I am confident he’ll play well." Second-year pro Stephen Tulloch, the player Fowler beat out for the job, will remain heavily involved in four-linebacker packages.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i liked him 2. but he didnt even make the roster cut. Exhibit A as to how combine numbers dont mean everything. 41 Reps in the BP, 39 in Vertical Jump, 4.53 forty time.

Comppare that to:
    AJ Hawk - 24 reps, 40 vertical, and 4.65 forty time

or D. Ryans - 4.69 forty, 23 reps, 39 vertical

or our own Tulluch - 27 reps, 33.5 vertical, 4.86 forty time.

......like i was sayin...sometime combine numbers are misleading.

Source for Data - http://falcons.scout.com/a.z?s=122&p=2&c=506664

also - maybe fowler would be better now....not sure by how much b/c i was a big fan of tulluch and saw him play pretty well last year, but i no for hte long run i think tulloch would be better.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Tulloch should get the job IMO. But whoever does better and produces better needs to get the majority of the time not wait 3 years from now to start Tulloch if he's better or vice versa.

Fowler better step up he's gettin paid pretty well for a former ST Demon.

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I'm just glad LT is freakin GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. bzdell917

bzdell917 Guest

Fowler has been in the league longer, great choice for the first 8 weeks or more for tulluck 2 get more time learning the defence playbook

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Tulloch has been on the Titans longer... By that logic, Stephen gets the job. :irked:

9. Young54

Young54 Starter

I'm just glad that all that money Fowler is getting wont be going to waste

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Who is the better athlete fowler or tulloch? Who is faster?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=58135

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=11472

Fowler actually had the better 40 time at the combine 4.80 to tulloch's 4.84 and the better 20, 10, and the same cone with tulloch the better shuttle. Speed is basically the same here so we can stop assuming tulloch is the faster guy because of his color.

Both guys have a lot of good attributes and both are an improvement over what we had there the last 2 years. Fowler has some eye popping combine numbers. 35 reps and a 37 1/2 vertical, 32 wonderlic.

It didn't matter who was in the system longer or who has been in the league longer. They decided the starter based on who played better but fowler is the bigger guy and gives us what we need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar