Founder of CBGB's dies.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bobo, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

http://charter.net/news/read.php?ps=1016&id=13963687&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS

This rock club has been a big "underground" deal for awhile. It's been closed for a little while now, and the founder just died. The guy helped create something really special, if you like different music.....I guess different is a good adjective here :ha: A wide variety of bands have played there, even some of the biggest rock bands (in this small, narrow, dingy looking craphole).

My band played there about 5 years ago, hell we thought we'd made it. Well we didn't end up making it, but it was one of the best times of my life.

OMFUG!

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Sad news indeed.. The last few years were horrible for Hilly.
    Played there in the early 90s with my Fl. band. Nuthing like lugging your expensive music gear on The Bowery, but we made it out alive.
    RIP Hilly..

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I was wondering if you'd played there CC. Does sound like the whole rent deal was a serious downer. Screw the man! :grrr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar