Foster No. 1 in ESPN's fantasy rankings

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by AFC South, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I agree you can't go wrong with either of them, but like I said if you pass on a RB with an early pick, you won't be able to get a top one.

It all depends where the value is and when I pick, but I tend to wait a while for a QB. Last year it came back to haunt me. I loaded up with AP, Jennings, Nicks, Britt, and there was someone else really good too. My plan was to wait for Ruthlessraper or Schaub. I was 3 picks away from finally taking a QB and the two teams in front of me took Ruthlessraper and Schaub.

Had to settle for freaking Flacco... Ended up with a horrific QB carousel between Flacco, Freeman, Hasselbeck, and Palmer. I made the championship, but I faced my friend who had Newton, McCoy, and a few other great ones. I lost because I waited too long on QB, so I will definitely consider getting one early this year.

2. b0ng

b0ng Offseason Blues

It's all about QB/WR these days. 1st pick RBs are so played out these days none of them should go that high. I did perfectly fine rotating McGahee, Jacobs, Blount and Tate while having Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant as my WRs and Rodgers at QB.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If I had a decent QB I would've won it all because my main roster ended up being AP, Michael Bush, Greg Jennings, Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Laurent Robinson, Jermichael Finley, Steelers/Bears D and so on. I was stacked.

The Britt injury killed my team. Eventually I made a trade for Calvin Johnson, giving up Cruz and Robinson. I should've given up Nicks instead of Cruz.

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

oh geez..... Foster's in the tread title and we've made this into the official fantasy thread.... >< please someone just make another thread.. i'm sick of seeing Foster's name

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

never take a running back in the first. its a position that usually finds themselves with injuries or other nonsense. plus you always have your demarco murrays come out of the woodshed.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

RBs rule fantasy football tho. They rack up more points than anyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

7. b0ng

b0ng Offseason Blues

JCBRAVE: Pretty sure 3 out of the top 4 points leaders last year were QBs.

8. JCBRAVE

You might be right, but last year was an unusual season. 3 QBs passed for over 5000 yards. Thats never happened befor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

9. Stevesie60

Stevesie60 Camp Fodder

But that's the trend the NFL is going towards. Teams either have two RBs, or they have one that is more than likely going to have to sit out a few games (or the whole season) because of an injury at some point. I've always gotten an RB in the first round, but this year this is no clear cut best RB. QB is a much safer pick for the first round, because the chances of him playing the whole season is very, very high.

10. JCBRAVE

I dont think we'll see 3 QB's hit 5000-yards again, thats just insane.

And if we do, it wont be a yearly thing.

I know I wont take C.J., A.P., Ray Rice, or Mojo with my first pick, but won't be at all surprised if a RB leads FF in points. They touch the ball more than anyone except QB's and you need 2, and there's only about 20 dependable ones in FF. With QB's you only play 1 and there's plenty of them hanging around. You dont need to be drafting franchise QB's in FF. A guy like Jay Cutler will take care of you in FF, but a guy like Shonne Green wont. Still wise to go RB early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar