Forum update: new features list

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As we continue to update stuff, I want to let everyone know of a few of the new features. These all come standard with the update:

1. The old warning meter system is gone. If you had some warnings, consider this your birthday present. :yes: In its place is a different warning system which does basically the same thing. If you violate a rule, you get a PM warning. You can track it on your User Profile page (one of the tabs).

2. Speaking of the User Profile page, this is one of the better additions to vBulletin. You can now customize your page to look however you want (think of it as a mini-MySpace page). Click your name on any post (or the members list) to go to it. Here, you have stuff you can create such as "add friends", add your own photo album, create a group and see messages left by those who visited your page. UserCP (from the menu bar) has also expanded.

3. I've turned on a new feature called "reputation". You can leave either good or bad reputation (with comments) for posts you like or dislike. There is a small scales icon under the avatar of the poster which you must click. The little green square under your own avatar corresponds to your reputation. Most start with 10. It goes up based on participation in the forum, good rep from others, etc. You can see what your rep is by clicking the scales icon on one of your own messages.

4. You'll notice at the bottom of each thread "bookmarks" and "tags". The bookmarks allow you to quickly bookmark a thread to a few different sites. The tags can be created when a thread is started by adding key words for that thread. For example, a great thread on the salary cap may get tagged with "salary cap" so that when you are searching on the topic, you can do it via tags instead of words in order to get the best thread on a particular subject.

5. A new option for quoting is called "multiquote". It allows you to quote from a number of posts instead of copying/pasting from each. You'll see the button on every post. You click, move on to the other, click it, and then hit reply.

We'll be adding more features over the next few months once things at 100% finished. I'll add more to this thread as new features are added.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Thanks Jeff. I really like the small color change, with navy replacing the red. The lighter blue colors on the board now looks at bit too shiny, though.

3. TitanJeff

Shiny? These haven't changed. Has it always been shiny to you?

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

No - but compared to the navy, who's a little more dim. Nothing has changed, I just don't think the navy and the lighter blue match very well. It was nice with the red, though.
    But I like the navy more than the red, so I'll just have to live with it :).

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Thanks for the updates TJ. Love the rep feature, but hate that you can't tell who left you the rep. Is there anyway you can edit that to where we can tell who left the rep?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

YES!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

is there no longer a 25 word minimum for sig display?

8. TitanJeff

I think there is but I wonder if it would mean people would never leave negative rep. I'll look into it.

That was an additional hack which I plan to add back soon.

9. TitanJeff

A few more things added today...

You can now see the ChatBox towards the bottom of the front page. You can also open a window only for the chat. It has a few more features than the original.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Can RollTide have his own dedicated section for his constant whinging about Chris Johnson?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar