Forum redirection

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

But no one else here has mentioned it which makes it hard for me, or anyone on the message board for the forum's software, to diagnose.

The standard answer I get from them based on one person having problems is that the user has a malware/virus issue or is using an outdated browser.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

would make sense if it was only on one computer but it isn't just like Gunny's problem

3. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I've had it redirect a couple times on me and i've also had auto audio a few times but its been awhile. I can't remember what the ads were, but i'll keep an eye out for them in the future

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, the only problem I've ever had are auto-video/audio. And it has always just been one particular ad (some medical company). But I haven't seen it in awhile. I'll be sure to pull the code if/when I see it again.

5. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

If the ads are annoying anyone, I use chrome and their adblock extension. It completely takes away any ads and i havent had any of those since i started using it. I'd definitely recommend trying that.

I'm disabling them though for alittle bit to see if i can get the ads to pop up again

I'm pretty sure ive had that medical company one also

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Are these different PC's on a domain or at home? It's possible that more than one is affected if there on a domain.

Usually though if your hit with malware rediecting your browser session it affects the first site that you go to when opening a session or new tab. The easy ones to resolve are obvious and wont let you log onto any site.

There's a rootkit called TDSS which has been around for a couple of years which can hit you when you start browsing and then let you carry on unawares afterwards.

Worth running this just to be sure that you don't have it. It's a zero config removal tool from anti virus company 'Kaspersky':
    http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.zip

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Obviously, my goal is to not show offending ads since I know everyone can use ad blockers. Without ad income, we go back to the server ran by hamster wheel power.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This is the only site I get pop up ads from. But it's usually just one upon entering the forum.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How is the new bride?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am pretty sure it happens to my home one, but I know it has happened to my work one so different domains.

However it hasn't happened today so maybe I am accidentally clicking the ads on the side. And I don't care about the work one since I am leaving the job soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar