Former Titan TE Kinney named fire chief

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Titans Insider, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Former Titans tight end Erron Kinney has been hired as Mt. Juliet’s fire chief.

Mt. Juliet Public Safety Director Andy Garrett announced the decision on Monday night at the Mt. Juliet Board of Commissioners meeting.

“I know that Erron Kinney’s exceptional qualifications and experience make him the best fit for our City,” Garrett said in a release. “Chief Kinney brings with him well over 20 years of exemplary service in all aspects of fire department management, coupled with his deep roots within the Middle Tennessee community.”

Kinney, who played seven seasons with the Titans from 2000-2006, currently serves as Fire and Rescue Services Coordinator with the Williamson County Emergency Management Agency in Franklin. Prior to that, Kinney was captain for the St. Andrews Fire Department in Charleston, South Carolina. He was also a firefighter in Brentwood, Tennessee.

“It’s is very humbling, an honor, and a privilege to be appointed as Mt. Juliet’s Fire Chief. I am excited about working in one of Middle Tennessee’s best cities. I am extremely excited about the opportunities that are ahead for the city’s new fire department,” Kinney said in a statement.

Kinney will be responsible for building the Mt. Juliet Fire Department from the ground up, starting with one fire station that’s currently under construction.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar