Forget Mocks -- Look At Visits to See What The Draft Will Look Like (Happy to be wrong about the 1st

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

1. Trade down
    2. Sam "The Sloth" Hubbard
    3. Justin "Better than Eric" Reid
    4. Then either Darius Leonard or Malik Jefferson
    5. Josh Jackson and Jaire Alexander figure in there somewhere
    6. Josh Sweat and Uchenna Nwosu; Dante Pettis and Michael Gallup

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

It's worth noting that most sites only have ~20 private workouts listed for the Titans with two of those being Burkes (LB, Vanderbuilt) and James (WR, Middle Tennessee). Nfl teams are allowed 30 visits so about 1/3 if our predraft visits are unreported.

Don't forget that Kevin Dodd and Austin Johnson both had unreported private workouts with Tennessee before they drafted them.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If I had to guess JRobs master draft plan it would be to trade down a few spots to grab Hubbard and use those extra picks to go up in the second round to grab Justin Reid/Darius Leonard.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Last year weren't they talking about how there were 40+ guys with first round grades? Now the consensus seems to be there are less than 20 in this draft. I think a trade back would be ideal OR trading our first for a veteran starter (I'm looking at you Earl Thomas) and future considerations.

That being said, I think if Derwin James, Harold Landry, Tremaine Edmunds, Roquan Smith or Marcus Davenport somehow slid to us, we'd be stoked and stick. Just think that's an unlikely scenario.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

This does seem like a very weak draft class at the top. I’m not excited about any of our likely prospects. I fully expect to be, “meh” after our pick.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Totally. Hence my preference to trade for ET to pair with Byard for the next 3 years.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I would 100% be on board with trading our first and second to go up a few spots to get a stud. James, smith, whatever.

This draft just has “random mediocre player” written all over it.

8. LangeSohne

LangeSohne Starter

I agree that Jrob will try to trade down. He pretty much said that during the predraft press conference. But who will want to jump the Falcons, Saints and Patriots? Maybe if Lamar or Rudolph are still on the board.

My best guess is we won’t find a trade partner and will stick and pick Hubbard, Jackson or Sweat at 25. You could argue that any prospect available at 25 should be taken in the 2nd, and vice versa. My worst case scenario is Hubbard, but I hope I’m wrong and he becomes a solid player for us.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Hell, I’d almost be willing to just draft Lamar if he’s sitting there. Force a trade that way. Teams that want him will try to deal with the pick after us, figuring we won’t take him.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think there would be about 15 other teams before the Titans who would be stoked to see those guys fall to them.

:biggrin2:

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar