Forget about VY starting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a 25.9 passer rating in the fourth quarter bad?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. davidsrobbins

davidsrobbins Camp Fodder

Well with a good Texas team he put on the best performance ANY QB in history has ever had. That is one for starters, yes it was college but you can't take away that just 4 years ago he played the best college football game a qb has ever played.

What VY haters aren't admitting to is the fact that VY has NEVER had a good professional team to play with. He has never had a seasoned Lendale and amazing CJ behind him. He has never had a ultra talented Kenny to throw to, yet alone the TE corp we have this year.

Dinger doesn't utilize him properly because he isn't a Dinger type of QB. Dinger like a big QB who can drop back and hit the TE, That isn't how VY plays. Fisher believes in Dinger and thus he gets the worst out of VY.

I would like to see the coaching staff open it's mind and give him opportunity, not limit him. Either that or Trade him and get some more talent in, it is hurting the team to have a #3 draft pick sitting without opportunity. (remember 19 months ago he was rookie of the year!)

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

God - it never ends. :rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

As i said before. VY needs to start. Why? Our defense has given Kerry numerous chances in the 4th and he failed. I don't know what will happen with Vince in. But if you think Collins play is acceptable, then your wrong. The entire nfl knows that if you want to beat the titans. Them pressure collins. Kerry has been inaccurate and unreliable in the 4th quarter of every game. In the playoffs, that won't get you anywhere. That won't even get you to the playoffs. So VY needs to play for 2 reason. He is our future and watching collins play poorly is not helping him out at all. And the opposing defense may give us a different look. Leading to more plays. I know my rambling is not convincing anyone, so im done. But if you want my Opinion, then there you go.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Didn't Dinger say he wanted 2-3 years to work with Vince? Young has too much athletic ability and talent to waste and be given up on. That's how i see it, and the Titans see it. If they stop being stubborn and work our offense around Vince and the running game rather than trying to mold Vince into Collins. We may have a QB.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

'In fourth quarters this season he’s a combined 8-of-24 for 77 yards with a 25.9 rating."

per the Tennessean

not going to win very many games like that...

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

He said he wanted two seasons, before the beginning of last season, to work with Vince to assess his capabilities, etc. This is season two of those two seasons.
    Though he may have to put Vince back in before that time is up, if Collins is stinkin it up that bad, and if they were seriously planning on another SB run this year.

8. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

My analysis of Vince Young is simple. His sophmore year the coaches are asking him to do something that he isn't which is a game manager. If you looked at his rookie season the coaches let him loose and see what happened! When we didn't have a running game and defense, Vince took over and did what he did his rookie year, which was took over the team and ran with it. In his sophmore season what i was seeing was the coaches changing gameplan and run the ball more and play defense. Which wasn't working. All the great QB's are not game managers I.E. Elway, S. Young, Brady, Manning, etc.

Everyone with me still??? Anyways if everyone doesn't see what im seeing then you are lost. Vince is a game changer, but with this coaching staff we are not going to see his full potential. He can't be this game manager, with the offense philosophy of run the ball and play D. The coaching staff needs to let him loose like they did his rookie season when we didn't have either.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Exactly! His sophmore year was not a set back. He played worse by a combination of coaches not using him the way he should And him listening to critics and not running. The league never stopped im from being him. He did. He tried to become something he isn't. And his coaches allowed him too. He isn't mcnair. He isn't gonna pass all day and run when needed. He runs to set up the pass which has worked all his life. But under fisher, that will never be utilized. So he will continue to be mis-used.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

This makes me wonder how bad Young looks in practice because as bad as Collins has been, Young must be worse and quite frankly I'd believe it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar