Forget about VY starting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Your bold answered my question.
    As far as changing the defensive scheme making the QB better...probably not, but that's not the point I'm bringing up, as the defense and ST's arse-crack play is the 800 lb gorilla in the room. The QBs play isn't as conspicuous, but it's not discreet either.
    I think VY would help the whole team (if he plays like his rookie season) by getting them fired up. When he plays well, he is a great spark for the rest of the team. But like I said, this would be contingent upon him playing well, or even with improvement over his sophomore year. I don't know any fan who isn't on the edge of their seat when he's on his game. His teammates also notice that and pick up on that.

Oh and I agree with you about Lendale. We need to run him down opposing defenses throats for at least the first half and wear them down.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. davidsrobbins

davidsrobbins Camp Fodder

I can't believe we have to go into this argument again! Putting VY in now isn't because KFC is playing that bad, it is because this season is over and we need to work on our future. Any Titan's fan who doesn't agree with that is just being NAIVE.

In PROFESSIONAL football(especially the AFC, and AFC South) you don't drop your first three games (with no injuries) and then all of a sudden recover and become the best team in the league. It is not as much a reflection on the 0-3 team as the teams they will play. Three teams have shown a formula to knock you off, the other PROFESSIONAL teams won't allow an 0-3 team to climb back in. Sure there is a slim chance that an 0-3 team can make a wildcard but that wildcard road is too tough.

Biggest thing to remember is we are 0-3 with a healthy team, wait until we get more injuries.

Smart move is to prepare to make a run for next year!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

Don' forget, Kerry singed a two year deal. He will be our QB next year too.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

0-3 doesnt mean were out of it. But we would need an amazing run to make the playoffs. And the way our defense is playing, we will need to win games on offense, which is why vy needs to start. Because kerry isn't getting it done on offense.

5. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

With Fisher as our head coach, we'll never make it to the Super Bowl again, let alone win one

6. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

Please explain to me exactly what VY has EVER done on offense that makes you think he is so great. He is NOT our saviour.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Im sorry, i didn't say he was our savior. I said kerry is not getting the job done for us. It doesn't matter what happened in the past. Especially since everyone seems to forget about the kerry collins that was int 4 times in the super bowl, against what? The blitz? hmm. I can't tell why Vince is great because he isn't playing right now. But i can certainly give you reasons why kerry isnt.

8. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Vince has only scored 31 points once in his entire career, what makes you think he can score more then 20 one he has only done that a few times.

9. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

I hope that's not a serious question.

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

As i said. I don't know how vince will play. I haven't seen him in a real game this year. But kerry isn't winning games for us so we need to see if vy will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar