Forever the Titans' list...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Over my years as being a fan, the list of 'top underpaid players' always seems to house some good players from our squad. this year proves to be no different.

this list by foxsports.com writer Czar

At # 4 is Finny:
    "I’m not sure Titans coach Jeff Fisher would swap Finnegan for any other corner in the NFL because he can cover and really supports against the run. Tennessee was smart giving him a new deal in 2008, but with the bonus money it only amounts to $2.9 million this season. Asomugha and Philly’s Asante Samuel pay more than that to the IRS in taxes every year."

that last sentence is serious. i hope finny doesnt see this. He is right there w/ Asomugha, Samuel, and Revis as the best CBs in the league. a great plus for him is he is probably the best at playing the run as well.

At # 2 is C.J.:
    "He’s the game’s second-best runner behind Minnesota’s Adrian Peterson, but has outgrown his original deal in 2008 ($12 million over five years). Yes, he got $7 million guaranteed, but his base salary this season is only $550,000. That doesn’t seem right for a speedster who ran for 2,006 yards and added another 503 as a receiver. A true game-breaker, where would Tennessee be without him? If he was the starting QB, he’d have a new contract."

its funny, how the titans were even snubbed on this list. C.J. deserves more money than Wes Welker does (#1 on the list) - not a doubt in my mind.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Great post. I was real impressed when Reinfeldt got Finnegan's deal done. It was a damn steal. He's great and it must be hard to defend when the other team knows to just throw the ball to Harper's side and they're money. Hopefully someone steps into that #2 spot and helps him out. He's way underpaid but considering our D was horrible last year Finnegan can't complain.

CJ on the other hand has earned himself some extra money. Alvin Pearman making more than him is not even cool. He deserves to be paid much more than he's scheduled to make under his current contract. I'm not saying make him the highest paid Offensive player in the league, I'm just saying give the guy a raise here in the uncapped season and let him know he's appreciated. We don't wanna turn him off because then he'll never wanna re-sign with us.

He's already placed himself in the record books and established himself as an elite running back. He's only gonna get stronger, maybe even faster (which is amazing), and smarter the more he plays. He's a young guy who hasn't even peaked yet, scary to think he's not even in his prime yet and he's tearing s..+ up already.

We've got us a real special football player in Chris Johnson and we need to treat him like one. He has the makings to be the greatest Titan ever.

3. 24

24 Starter

He called CJ the second best runner in the league. He just lost all credibility.

4. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

To Titan fan 4 Eva, finny isn't close to revis or asomugha. Sorry he's good, but by no means elite like them 2

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

to 757: "I’m not sure Titans coach Jeff Fisher would swap Finnegan for any other corner in the NFL because he can cover and really supports against the run." - Czar

Revis benefits from a constant pass rush and and aggressive rex D. Finny when he had that didnt let receivers breath either. put even revis to cover receivers for as long as some titans DBs have had to recently and they too will eventually get open.

granted he's not as good as a cover CB as revis, but overall in terms of aggressive and fiesty in addition to stopping the run hes probably better.

im not saying AS GOOD as revis, but those 4 that i named are on the same level; dont take if from just me (i.e. czar)

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd bet that's the majority's opinion.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

All Day is considered number one by a lot of folks because he can "power run" better than CJ. CJ is faster, smarter and doesn't fumble as much which makes him #1 in my book- but you've got a lot of "old school" guys in the media.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

AP the Fumble Machine just had more hype coming out of college. If CJ performs anything like he has thus far in the upcoming season then the majority will see how wrong they are. AP was considered/ expected to be the best back in the NFL before he even touched the field. No one knew who CJ was coming into the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar