For those who remember

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitansJonne, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Some of you may remember last year when i told you all i joined the navy. Well the time has come for bootcamp and i will be shipping off in a few days. Im not gonna get all dramatic since i will be back hopefully early september. But i would like to let you guys know i enjoy my time spent here and will miss you guys. Please don't kill eachother while im gone :ha: and i will give you all a full rundown on my experience when i return. Wish me luck fellas!:)

• High Five High Five x 9
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Hey man... Good luck! I, along with everyone, appreciate your (future) service to this country.

One of my best friends has been training with the Marines the past year. I have only seen him once since October.

Hey, if you're back early September, you may not have to miss too many games.

Best of luck! Ravens suck! :yes:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Good luck. Takes a brave person, regardless of reasons. :) Don't become crazy- make us look good!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea man good for you for being able to make that decision to serve our country. I know a few soldiers overseas now, and they're all always anxious to get back once they come home for a while. If you're not getting shot at, they say its nothing but good experiences.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Looks like my career ended prematurely. i have been medically discharged because of my vision. So now i have to go to plan b. Move to Arizona and attend Arizona State University. Not so bad but still i was ready for bootcamp more than alot of the other guys. It sucks. I appreciate you guys support however.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

^Sorry to hear that. But hey, you did a lot more than most people. Good man.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Can you not get a waiver for this? I know a kid from high school who had no business going to basic because of his weight, he got a waiver and sure enough, was sent home early. I think it was the army. He seriously didn't last but a week and I can't believe they actually let him show up in such bad shape.

Good luck in your future endeavors. I'll tell ya a bit about one of my best friends. I was the best man in my friends wedding last week and he is stationed in England. He flew back over here to marry his long time fiance. You can tell that he absolutely loves the service and is dedicated to being the best airman you could possibly be. He was my room mate in college and he was the guy who was sleeping intill 5pm, always getting incredibly sloshed, and never going to class.

It was weird, he woke up one day, decided it was time to make a change, went literally down the street and talked to the recruiters and now he's been in 2 years and it seems like it was the best thing he's ever done in his life. Granted he hasnt been to a warzone but it seems like it would genuinely be a great life if you are young and single or had a dedicated person in his life like he did. Wartime service should not surprise anyone who signs up and hes ready for it if need be.

I wanted to join right out of high school but i decided to go to college instead and try that first. It came to a point to where i reconsidered, but decided that I would be a civilian my entire life. Somebodys gotta pay for you guys. I think it will all work out for you, sometimes, I've heard of people who have been discharged and even gotten into another branch. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Thanks, I applied for the waiver and it went to the CO who denied it. The problem is that i was hit in the eye with a rock when i was 5 and it damaged a nerve. which has partially blinded my right eye. Hilarious thing is that somehow my left eye is amazingly good. The doctors were just astounded. They discharged me because looking at my eye, there is a less than 5% chance i can develop glaucoma. The doctor said it won't happen because it would have happened already and theres no signs of it. But because theres still a slim chance, she had to recommend i get discharged. Which left me with $785 a shiny medal for being in the military during a time of war and a big thank you lol. Im not bitter at all however. It was a great experience, being in a division you begin to look at life like it's not all about you. It's about the guys next to you. I just hate the fact that there were guys who showed up and could barely handle processing days, they were literally begging to leave. And were told no. Meanwhile im begging to stay. It just sucks.:hmm: But im a Titans fan. I get over things quick lol. I'll be fine.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Since you're not going, can we get our high-5's back??...

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

that sucks man
    i just got out of the marine corp a few months ago and it was the best time i ever had.

dont let it weigh to much on your mind. you did more than most people out their do and should still be proud.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar