For Those Trashing The OL....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by abc2330, Jan 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

and also only when they are targeted... not real separation.

SHOCK! mary only throws to his below-average receivers when they are more open

2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You realize your argument is like a guy bragging about batting 70% when he's only hitting on drunk fat girls at parties.

If you want to produce like a big league QB, you haves to grow a pair and take chances. If you only take the easy pickings, you'll throw for 3k and 10 TDs, Or be stuck with fat chicks, for the rest of your life.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

if you want to twist it into something negative (you do) you can pretend its all on mariota, like you do with everything, carry on

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

That’s a very good point.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I’m still waiting for the stat to show our 3 receivers got better separation than virtually every top receiver in the league.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Look at the thread that I just created.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Per target lol

If this was per route run itd be a totally different story.

All that does is show Mariota is throwing to the open guy. Because the reviver has to be targeted to get credit.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No what it shows is that Mariota doesn’t throw the ball unless a receiver has seperation above the league average, which means he holds the ball more than other QBs and therefore is likely to take more sacks.

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

@titanfanatic Im pretty sure it was in your “stats” thread about the WR separation among the league. I tried looking for it but started thinking it may have actually been from last year, can you post it again?

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I’m not going to argue about whether or not he holds onto the ball too long because he does from time to time. I’ve mentioned in other threads how he doesn’t throw guys open and that’s why we need to implement an offense like the Patriots have because Brady doesn’t throw guys open either.

However, all of that to say there is no way that stat can show you he holds onto the ball until guys are wide open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar