Floyd Reese Resigns...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

you positive on this

2. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Celebrate! Celebrate! Dance to the music! Next?

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Maybe that means Bud Adams reads this site as I'm sure we've had the most discussion about whether or not Reese should be back...

I think Floyd saw he wouldn't be re-signed so it's better for him (and us) for him to go now. The Giants for one will need a new GM and I could see him landing there though word out of NY is that they will strongly consider promoting in house.

Gut

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Sounds like he wanted to stay but was forced to leave:

quote: "Initially, I had hopes of signing a contract extension and staying with the Titans for many more years, but it became apparent to me over the last several months that that would be difficult."

That sucks.. I liked Reese. He was a business man and IMO rarely had his emotions control his decision making. I doubt we'll find a better replacement.

5. :jumpropeb :nana2:

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

english can be so confusing sometimes...

Floyd Reese resigned as GM instead of being resigned....

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Apparently there was a problem between Reese and Bud. Maybe over drafting VY? The new GM couldn't have stepped into a better situation IMO.
    Whoever it is ought to send Reese a gift certificate to Outback or something.

I'm elated that Fisher is not going to be the GM. Listening to Reese on 104 one time I heard his say how much time he spends talking to agents and doing all the off field stuff. Along with scouting, the CAP I can't see why any coach would want the actual job of GM. of course Bud could set Fisher above the GM in the org chart giving Fisher final say on things like the draft but IMO that would be stupid. Keep the seperation of power with Bud resolving disputes.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The one thing you can be sure of, it may be quite a while before we know the complete story.

Fisher may be demanding more input in personnel decisions and Reese was unwilling to give any up and maybe wanted more power as well that Adams wants in the hands of Underwood.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Praise the lord that Matt Millen isn't out there shopping for a job.

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

isn't this the kind of situation beat writers are for...or are the titans beat writers too afraid to make the titans mad with any kind of hard hitting articles...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar