Floyd Reese Resigns...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:thumb:
    I hate to admit it but this is one of the rare times I'll agree with RT, although i initially wanted us to draft Shockey instead.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Henderson vs haynesworth..

For the partial brain dead out there keep in mind that john henderson is 2 1/2 years older than haynesworth. Henderson was born jan 1979 and haynesworth june 1981. Haynesworth is still only 25 years old! Henderson is a good player but hardly comparable to bob lilly or mean joe green. Henderson isn't even the best DT on his own team.

I'm wondering how haynesworth would have done playing alongside of a guy like stroud. Seems like it would be helpful wouldn't it? Playing alongside stroud vs say john starks?

Edit note: Haynesworth clearly had his best season in 2005 with career highs in tackles and sacks. He just ruined this year with the head kicking incident but his play was solid the previous year.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

LooL... "partial brain dead".

[​IMG]

Let em have it RT!

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you know, Pacman, another Reese decision is looking like a star. Pacman came with baggage. There was all kind of fan flack about this or that in regard to him early on. Pacman couldn't get a gold chicklet without someone giving him a hard time. It's a fact that once he became a Titan it became evident that he had issues that needed to be confronted. I think he's done a terrific job in that department and for Floyd Reese that's a real success story. Pacman has dropped his baggage and Albert just garnered 15 minutes of pure fame by stomping on the head of a Dallas Cowboy. Don't sit here and tell me Albert Haynesworth didn't have draft day baggage.

And so what if I support your idea that Henderson was a better prospect? What of me pointing it out in the same source? Can't I agree with one thing thnom posts even if I don't agree with much of it?

Did you know that against San Diego Damien Nash carried the ball ten times for 52 yards with a 26 yard run? I was really hard on the guy too but I guess he proved me wrong. :rolleyes:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7318

I don't think there is any way these numbers can tell the story for Nash. I think that Jeff Fisher decided early on that he didn't want to work with him and threw him back much in the way a sports fisherman practices catch and release.

5. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

You can't really compare Barber to Henry as far as stats. Barber is mainly used in short yardage situations or redzone situations. He's basically a backup to Jones so the opportunities are limited. But what Barber does when he's put in there is very impressive. I'd like to see what he can do as the main RB and not sharing the load.

6. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I just remembered that this was a Floyd Reese thread. I forgot for a moment with all of the Barber/Henderson/Haynesworth talk

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

BTW: Trying to stick to the topic at hand

I hate to see Floyd go. No Manager is perfect in the NFL. You make some good decisions and bad ones. It's almost a crap shoot, but overall, Floyd has done a great job over they years. I was always impressed with how he was able to avoid the long holdouts with rookie contracts (until recently with Haynesworth and Pac)

For all of those people applauding Floyd's departure, it could be worse. Just think if you were a fan of the Arizona Cardinals? That has got to be one of the worst managed teams if not the worst in the NFL. Floyd was definately one of the better GM's and he will be missed IMO.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Titanium..

We are evaluating the personel decisions of floyd reese. Haynesworth was called out as a reese blunder and barber as a missed opportunity.

My point about barber is that while he is a good player he is hardly a super star. Why is he a backup and where were all the accolades after the 2005 season when he had half as many TDs and a mere 3.8 ypc?

If someone wants to talk about missed opportunities jason witten would be a much better example.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Calm down, BP or I'm going to send Gunny back over there :ha:
    I'm just saying we drafted Haynesworth purely on performance/talent. It's not until Pacman that we've truly started talking about evaluating character higher than talent.

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Sorry to digress...

...but hey Roll what do are your thoughts on the new Bama coach? I was looking forward to reading your opinion in the Saban thread, but it didn't appear... Can I take this as a sign that at least initially your less than impressed with Saint Nick?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar