Florida-Alabama

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hoffa, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Can't wait to watch this one. People who'd like to see a playoff, this is the kind of games we'd get.
    I think Bama has the coaching edge, but the Gators have the athletes all the way around, and will win the right to play for the BCS Championship.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

too bad it starts at 4 and i get off of work at 6 :(

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'll be recording and watching later in the evening, as well unfortunately....

Can't really say I have a favorite since I hate both teams, but I think Alabama will pull the upset for some reason. So much hype on Florida, I think it will be close, and no Percy harvin is big.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I think Florida win. I don't think the SEC has been as good this year as the past couple of years, but Florida has so much speed in the backfield that they can play a more controlled offensive game.

If Mizzou somehow upset Oklahoma, who gets the other BCS Championship spot? USC or Texas?

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It better not be USC...I'd put Penn St in there before them.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Buck Fama

Go Gators!

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So Oklahoma (one loss) and Florida (one loss) get to play each other in the national championship game over the following one loss teams: Penn State, Alabama, Texas, USC and Texas Tech.

Makes sense.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thanks eddy, bama is going to get bumped down for losing to florida but florida lost to mississippi.

I think oklahome deserves the shot against florida. They are the big 12 south champs based on the big 12 tiebreaker(dumb) and the win over mizzu makes them conference champs. Texas can complain all they want to the big 12 but that's what happened.

I hope bama gets tech in the sugar bowl. This year will have the best bowl matchups ever.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

My bad, tech won't even get a BCS. They are projecting utah to play bama in the sugar.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

For the record, it's not the BCS fault that there was a three-way tie in the BIG12 south. Blame the Big12 for not having a better tie-breaker system.

And I've yet to hear one person with an idea to fairly settle a 3-way tie in a conference.

The best two teams are in the title game, imo. Big10 (Penn State) and Pac10 (USC) are not good conferences this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar