Flacco vs foles 2019

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Dec 23, 2018.

?
  1. Foles

25 vote(s)
    78.1%
  2. Flacco

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Dawg

It was a joke

Calm down

We only need foles

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

Mm8 is qbing a winning team, that has had zero consistency within his coaching staff. New system and new players almost every year. But, we still win. Yes he gets hurt to often and still makes a few to many boneheaded plays, but we still win. Our loses this year can almost all go on our inexperienced coaching staff, not mm8. There's a bunch of qbs in the nfl with better numbers, but their team doesn't win. One thing has remained consistent with our team since we've been in Nashville, control the clock and play good d. We don't need a qb throwing 4k or 35 tds to be good.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

I'd sign Foles in a heartbeat have him compete for the job.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

There is probably some truth to some or this.

But you know what? Tough crap.

If it were my money, I'm not paying 20 million dollars to someoene who has yet to show it.

Has the organization hurt his development? Most definitely. Will he all of a sudden break out one year down the road? Highly unlikely. You almost never see that. He is what he is. The 28th or so best qb in the league, statistically, with some good intangibles.

You say we don't need great qb play to win? Fine. Draft a rookie or sign some bum to play qb. At least we'd get similar production at a fraction of the price.

20 million for 28th qb numbers? Sorry mm8, you can walk. Try not to let the doorknob hit you in the funny bone on the way out.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Id pay Marcus before Foles or Flacco at this point for our team. Now if we could have one come in and compete I’m all for it .

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Sure, given the choice between a young mediocrity (Marcus) and two old ones, I'll take the young one too.

If we're gonna replace Marcus, we need to draft a guy.

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

EXTEND MM8

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

OK, so you let Mariota walk. Who do you get to be our QB next year and expect to get better?

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Two things. Why would either Foles or Flacco come HERE and 'compete' when they can go someplace else and be assured of starting? Secondly, if Marcus beats them out...you have $20mil/yr sitting on the bench!!!

Foles is just as inconsistent in a system he knows and with a better OL. Not much of a guarantee he'd be better here. Flacco has not been good for years and got replaced with a running QB. Why is he better???

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Because they may last an entire season? Foles has a better supporting cast around him, but that offense is asking a lot more out of him than we ask of Mariota, and he seems to have success with the RPOs that we have only been able to somewhat implement because of Mariota's injury. The only argument I can think of for Flacco is that he has really only been given run of the mill OCs, but has still put up some productive, though inefficient seasons. He'd have more structure here , and presumably better play calling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar