Fisher's reasoning for the challenge

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OhioTitan, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I remember being upset at him for wasting a timeout during the game but just read this.

(on of he thought Vince Young had scored a touchdown)

No, what happened was that we had the wrong personnel on the field. We were going to take a timeout anyway and so rather than just take a timeout I took a shot at the review and threw the red flag instead of calling timeout.

After reading that i actually agree with his idea but i also thought of something else, is it just me or do we seem to have problems getting the right personal on the field after a big play?

2. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

ON TV it looked like the Ref was laughing after he talked to Fisher. Maybe Fisher told him this reasoning too?

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Join our gameday chats, I called it then.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Haha thats pretty smart.

5. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

True. All the refs were getting a chuckle out of it. Even after Fish threw his red flag he had a huge smile on his face. I couldn't figure out why everyone thought it was so funny.

6. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

So it was a freebie and he sort of went to bat for VY trying to get him a TD.

Smart coaching...

7. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

what confused me with this was that after the challenge they respotted the ball inside the 1 yard line (it was originally placed outside the 1 yard line) so doesnt this technically count as a won challenge b/c they corrected the spotting error...why did we lose a TO?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Even though that play wasn't ruled a TD, I was quite happy with Vince's effort. I didn't think he had that speed anymore, but he certainly does.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I was thinking the same thing but he was challenging to get a TD not the spot of the ball. If he had challenged to get a better spot it would not have cost us a TO.

I think it was a bad call even if that was the reason. He wasted a challenge. If we needed it later it would have been a very bad call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar