Fishercam: Griffin to corner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNThunder, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I don't exactly like the guy I'm not just going to sit here and bash him for things that aren't all his fault.

No one can sit here and tell me that the poor play of Hill didn't contribute to Lamont's poor play.

The year before last he had 80 tackles. 80 friggin tackles is alot for a safety. In 2004 he had an INT for a TD.

I dont even know. Were just gonna have to find out if he gets the start at safety in week 1

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You might be on to something with Scott. They may already have him targeted as the starter over LT (we hope someone is). They could be high on Lowery or Fuller as well but considering we drafted a S and signed another I'm beginning to think Lowery and Fuller are getting less involved in their plans. I would suspect that the plan might be to play Griffin at CB, see how he does and then make the decision to move him back to S if and when pacman comes back.

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

This better only be temp...if they plan on lettin pac leave the organization im gonna be pissed....i lov him

regardless i see basically two options:

Safty - Hope, Scott (possibly fuller over scott if healthy)
    CB - Harper, Griffen

or

Safty - Hope, Griffen
    CB - Harper, C.Finnagan

personaly i like option two...basically EVERY rookie CB struggles...only a few that have been succussful...remember pacman ...man he was horrible in his first yr...and take some1 like griffen who isnt even used to the position...doesnt sound like success....i think we should put him @ safty and play Finnagan till pac returns.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

thompson was never good. people always bring up the panthers game as proof that he's good and it's all rey's fault. in the past three years show me when he has laid someone out like that.......never. instead we get this....

[​IMG]

you dont have to look at the stats to tell me he's good, i watch the games and those tell me he is awful.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

the sad thing is if he is awful what does that say about the ones who are his back-ups? If they are worse then all of them need to go!

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Lamont is atrocious.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

i knew this was going to happen

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no he didnt.

9. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Guest

Slick Rick says, Slick Rick agrees with the move of Griffin to corner. Slick Rick says, Griffin can be a great NFL cover corner. Slick Rick says, this will probably work out well. Slick Rick says, great move by Coach Fisher.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So who starts opposite Hope at safety?

Lamont Thompson?
    Calvin Lowry?
    Vincent Fuller?
    Bryan Scott?
    Brandon Sharp?
    Donnie Nickey?

Is it still an open competition? Anyone want to give some odds on these guys?

I don't remember much about these guys, except Lamont always gets burned and needs to be replaced. He is good for 1 game a year when he has multiple picks. Otherwise he's a constant liability.

Scott was brought in from the Saints, originally drafted by the Falcons. Lowry was good mainly on special teams, but I thought that's who the coaching staff was high on last year. But they never really tried anyone out so...

Who will it be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar