Fisherball, Chow, etc.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan1216, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

He didn't have to stay in Nashville. People claimed he could have a new coaching position in 5 minutes. But Jeff signed that extension. So I believe he either has full control or maybe he wasn't welcomed around the league like some of you think.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Say what you will but Fisher got an 8-8 team last year when I thought the Titans would be lucky to win six. This year, I thought 8-8 would be about right without Pacman and Givens.

No way am I going to whine about losing a playoff game. We went from blowing up the team to the playoffs in two seasons.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, not like jerry jones was ready to hire him last year.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't like Schwartz. I'm not a particular fan of Chow, but I feel Fisher is more to blame.

But today, I feel it's on the players.

Key drops today, bad return game, and mostly... CHRIS FREAKING BROWN!

That was game changing.

I dunno, the end of the game was horrendous. It's a tough loss, because the game seemed very winnable.

Sorry to the Manning haters. But I hope the Colts destroy the Chargers next week, then upset the undefeated... and go on for their second straight. Maybe then they will get complacent somehow and we can overtake the division.

5. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

I heard the same RUMOR. Maybe he wanted him but he didn't think he was worthy of the draft pick.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I wouldn't either, had this season been filled with honest wins and losses; but a great percentage of it has been defensive bailouts, FG parties and last second miracles. We had no business being in the playoffs, and wouldn't have been if Indy had thought we were worth taking seriously enough to play a starter or two.

Heck, what's wrong with going out and winning a game instead of "managing" it?

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

No coach is worthy of a draft pick...it's stupid. Kansas City pretty much set that in stone. Anyways, while Fisher may be conservative and thus having an effect on the play calling, all I needed to see was one play today to see how boneheaded Chow is. The play to start the opening drive of the game. WTF was that? Is that all you got? Sure it was poorly executed, but lets be real...it wasn't going anywhere or fooling anyone. That's about as creative as Jim Schwartz thinking swapping KVB and Haynesworth inside to outside is creative.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They've shown that Emory and Henry formation too much in the past.

Blame Fisher. He signs off on the first 10-12 plays.

9. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

The only things missing were the onside kicks and the fake punts.

10. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Here's my thoughts on this matter abd what i'd like to see happen.

Fisher is definately the problem on offense. But i do agree with some people who say he's one of the best.
    Fisherball on Defense is the best there is. He's also a genius when it comes to making players over achieve. He knopws how to gameplan for our division rivals better than most.
    His philosophy of keeping the game close is genius as applied to defense unfortunately it's absolutely stupid when it's applied to our offense the way he does when he gets in the red zone and starts playing for a feild goal.

Anyone who pays attention knows that this offense we're running is NOT what chow did at USC it's the same sh*t we've been doing since fisher took over. So i don't blame chow, HOWEVER someone must be the scape goat and i honestly think it would be foolish to fire Jeff.

So here's what I'd like to see

I'd like to see Bud Adams step in and force Jeff to take responsibility and FIRE norm Chow and hire someone like Mike Martz or schottenhiemer as offensive co-ordinater (SIC) and give that person (whoever it is) COMPLETE control over our offense. Cause jeff CLEARLY has no clue about what is going on in the NFL right now when it comes to scoring touchdowns!

That would also give us some backup in case Jeff can't get us winning in the next few years and needs to be fired.
    Because all you jeff homers can pretend like he's the best coach in the NFL but until he wins a superbowl he aint doodly squat!
    Like i said don't fire him he's great at everything but Offense and he needs some help there.
    Please Bud Step in! Help us obie wan adams you're our only hope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar