Fisherball, Chow, etc.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan1216, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you know what, i have seen the error of my ways.

it's jeff fisher's fault cortland finnegan doesn't know how to play a cover three defense.

it's jeff fisher's fault chris brown dives for the goal line from the ten and fumbles.

it's jeff fisher's fault justin gage drops two balls in a row.

thank you for steering me in the right direction, fellas.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Because Marty couldn't win a playoff game.
    You expressed awe that the Titans made the playoffs yet some people were calling for Fisher's head.
    I merely gave an example of a coach who made the playoffs but got fired. It happens.

3. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

You are very welcome. I am glad that you understand that Jeff Fisher drafted these players, signed these players and put these players on the field.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Fisher has taken teams from scratch into the playoffs twice now. The progression is consistent. And it's very acceptable to make progress. I don't see where the problem is. The only downturn in his career was the 2001 season, where it appears we were tranisitioning the offense into a pass oriented offense, and 2004, where we underachieved.

2005 - We blew up the team.

I only see 2 bad seasons myself. The rest seem like your normal progression from rebuild to contender.

Not winning the superbowl seems irrelevant to me since there was only one season, 2001, where we really underachieved. I always felt we overachieved, rather than under. When we lost to the Ravens we came out with right gameplan, but the Ravens simply overpowered us in the end. And Fisher adjusted, we beat the ravens a few years later.

5. Fry

oh he has, for probably a two or three year stretch. but you know what, we always lose to the team that wins the super bowl.

in 99 we lost to the rams.
    in 00 we lost to the ravens.
    in 02 we lost to the raiders(made the super bowl)
    in 03 we lost to the pats.

and frankly, we've been a matter of plays from winning multiple super bowls.

obviously coming one yard short in the super bowl. then the blocked FGs against the ravens. jon simon fumbling in the afc championship game against the raiders before halftime killed us. drew bennett dropping the fourth down pass against the pats.

you hear teams all the time say "to win a super bowl you have to be good and a little lucky" we've been pretty unlucky when it comes to the ball bouncing our way. just look at finnegan's sack on rivers today. if we recover that fumble the whole game might be different, we just didn't get the bounce.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Let's consider those seasons.

Three of those were during a salary cap purge. Three others (All 8-8 seasons) were while the franchise was moving city to city trying to find a place to play.

That takes care of six of the eight. One of the others he took over the team on an interim basis and went 1-5. And the only other season (7-9) was his first full season as a Head Coach.

And this is a coach you want fired!! :crazy:

Get real.

7. Fry

yep and his general manager, scouting department and owner have had no part in that whatsoever.

8. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

You would think that "One of the best coaches in the NFL " would have majority control over the draft and signed players. If not..then he needs to let his balls drop and tell Bud to kiss off.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

DING DING DING

10. Fry

:ha:

does the store manager tell the franchise owner to kiss off? not if he wants his job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar