Fisher Won't Name QB Starter Yet for Regular Season Opener

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't find that surprisinging. Keeps the Jets guessing if they don't know who is starting.

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

They should cut KC before the first roster day so they don't have to guarantee his salary after he gets laid out for the season after his first start.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

K Collins will start.

4. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

When I read this quote I started thinking about our situation, and I'm starting to believe VY will be our starting QB.

Think about it...Who would care if Collins or Volek started. They both are essentially the same style QB. You really have to scheme no differently when it comes to these two. The X factor is VY.

The only other reason it could possibly be is we are still trying to trade Volek and Fisher doesn't want anyone knowing Collins maybe getting the majority of the reps.

Either way I still believe VY is the starter.

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

all fisher is trying to do is make teams prepare for all qbs, so they cant pound on one qbs play

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Watch Alex Smith this season. He will not be great but I would expect him to play allot better. He was playing allot better in preseason this year then he ever did last season. The people saying we do not want Young to be another Smith might be changing there tones at the end of the season from the games I saw him play so far.

I think Young will be starting allot soon then most people expected. All of this 3 years before he is ready to start garbage would be sweet to stomp out. Like the V-man said I do not see a reason to keep the media off the QB field if it is not Vince. Volek and Collins are both mediocre QBs with the same style. If you are a DC you blitz them and blitz them often. If Young were in there that would not be so easy because of his speed. More QB spys and containment keeping him in the pocket and not letting him use his athleticism. I read a report the Jets are going 4 RBs in the first game. That should be interesting.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Starkiller is a collins guy eh?

So starkiller you don't think it would be strange to bring a guy in and start him after just 2 weeks with the team when we have a guy who has been here for 6+ years?

Is that something fisher normally does?

And please don't tell me that collins is good.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Watch alex smith!

What is with you guys? Why not go to the 49er site and check out the guys stats. Yeah that 62.7 preseason passing rating is steller with one TD and 3 ints. He had the worst passing rating on his team over the preseason and that is with the legendary trent dilfer and jesse palmer. Are you guys kidding? Quit being so damn lazy and do a little studying.

Troy aikman and peyton manning were far superior QBs their rookie seasons to alex smith. In fact so were heath schuler and akili smith superior. One touchdown with 11 ints has to be the worst rookie year anyone has ever had this side of ryan leaf. And how good did he become? To mention manning's rookie year along side of smith has to be the biggest joke. Manning had 26 TD passes as a rookie alex smith had one!

Alex smith is a bonafide bust! He shouldn't even start this season for that team. Bust! Look it up in ther dictionary and alex smith and ryan leaf will both be there. He sucks!

9. Strange? Absolutely. Impossible? Not at all.

Certainly not. But this is not a normal situation.

I won't, but I will say he's better than Volek...

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Collins is better than volek?

His career passing rating is 13 points lower. To be fair collins has been a victim of bad personel like last year when he had to suffer through randy moss, lamont jordan and jerry porter and his days with the giants when he had crap players like barber, toomer and shockey.

Situations like this have happened but because of injury not because the existing QB wasn't good enough.

Kerry collins has been part of or rather led 3 winning teams in 11 years as a starting QB. Give me a break!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar