Fisher Won't Name QB Starter Yet for Regular Season Opener

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

In fairness to Alex Smith, it has only been one year..The way you put it I guess it would have been a waste of time to play T.Aikman, and P.Manning their second years.

I believe VY should start. The key is having the maturity to handle disappointment and learn from it. Also to show improvement. The Green Bay game showed me that VY has what it takes. VY looked tons better to me then A.Rodgers, and Rodgers is in his second year. Some have it...Some don't.

That being said VY will probably not start. But I will say this. If VY makes things happen everytime he is in the game he WILL be starting very soon.

2. They could start him and then take him out after the first series. That could be his 1 series of the game...

Realistically, I'd say Collins starts through the bye week at least (injuries aside).

3. Vin-Sanity!

Vin-Sanity! Guest

Billy Volek will be the starter against the Jets, until or unless Tennessee is able to trade him.

4. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

It really seems to me that Billy has done something behind the scenes to make Fisher disapprove of him. Being adamant that Billy will lead the team one week and then bring in Collins the next and basically tell the press that life isn't fair when talking about Billy. Somethin's fishy with Fisher and Reese...

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Although I don't know what Fish will do, I feel like our offense didn't look to horrible behind VY. He's getting better every week and the more he plays the faster he'll get there. Logic tells you to go with the veteran but I'd still rather see Vince and I don't feel like it would take him long to become as good as Collins. I would be surprised if Volek starts. It just seems like they've already thrown the towel in on him.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it'd be weird to see a QBBC

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:yes:
    :irked:

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I don't see how that can work.

It seems to me that if we, the fans, hold the QB as the team leader, then the team itself does too. It seems like it would be hard for the team to gel if the dynamic keeps changing.

As a bass player, I would have a hard time locking in if a different drummer shows up every set.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It can;t work. It will most likely be Volek or Collins with a dash of Young.

Assuming no injuries.

10. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I found this statement interesting from The Tennessean:

The Titans went back to work Monday, but the practice was closed to media. They return to practice on Wednesday, and already it's been made clear to reporters that practice field reps by the quarterbacks are off limits and not for print.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar