Fisher Won't Name QB Starter Yet for Regular Season Opener

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher has not announced who his starting QB will be next season in the regular season opener. "There are often times things related to this business that aren't fair," Fisher said. "We're doing the best we can as an organization to try to win." Though many think Kerry Collins will get the start, he'll concentrate on preparing as he enters his second week as a Titan. "We're still waiting to see how things play out," Collins said. "I'm not sure what this week will bring. ... My focus is going to be the same, and that's getting ready to play this game. Not only play it, but give a winning performance." There is a possibility that Vince Young will get a series or two of work Sunday as well. "If Coach says, 'You're in,' I'm in. I'm excited," Young said. "I'm going to go out and do my best to win a ballgame."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

oh fun.

Vince may start

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

basically just giving the jets the finger in my mind.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I have a feeling there's a good chance he will.
    I hope he does.

He will silence the naysayers...:helmet: :football:

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fisher may actually not know yet. He needs to see how much a second week for Collins impacts things.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Sounds like they're going with my Madden gameplan.

Rotate the 3 backs and run the ball 85% of the time. On the remaining 15% let VY roll out off play action and either pick up what he can on the ground or dump off short passes.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Well, I guess we'll just wait and see. This could point to just about everything. and anything. But something is afoot.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Just bring on the season.

9. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I doubt he is series about VY starting. Sit him on the bench for a whole year, and you'll get Carson Palmer! Play him right away, and you'll get Alex Smith! I do not want to rush VY's development, and I know we are all excited to see him play, and can't wait, but we should.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No way Young starts Sunday, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar