Fisher wears Peyton's jersey

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TM, Oct 20, 2009.

?
  1. Yes. And he should be fired for doing it.

22.2%
  2. Yes. It was bad timing and in poor taste but he should not be fired for it.

35.0%
  3. No. It was just self-depreciating humor at a charity event.

42.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

very well put

2. PassTitansPass

PassTitansPass Starter

Bulluck Dons Ravens Jersey, Wants To "Feel Like Winner" - AP

Nashville (AP) - Taking a cue from Titans 0-6 coach Jeff Fisher, veteran linebacker Keith Bulluck decided to sport a new look - that of legendary defenseman Ray Lewis. "Look, if coach can do it, so can we. Who cares if we have a rough year? All that matters is that, in our own minds, we are winners." Bulluck went on to state that he intends to wear the Lewis jersey to contract negotiations at the end of this season, hoping to increase his value at the bargaining table. He also stated that journeyman quarterback Kerry Collins intends to wear a Joe Namath throwback jersey for the remainder of the season, as well as Namath's old pantyhose. Collins was heard in the locker room muttering "just call me Lower Broadway Joe". The NFL has yet to weigh in on the issue, taking a wait and see approach. However, rumours have surfaced that the entire St. Louis Rams team intends to sport New Orleans Saints uniforms for inspiration.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I don't know that he's gone to the extreme of wearing a purple #52 but he doesn't seem too happy (which is unfortunate considering he's one of the few players who genuinely seems to take pride in being a part of this franchise)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...seem-amused-by-fishers-manning-jersey-moment/

5. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

it would be soooo great if this were true!

6. Jaguarsforsale

Jaguarsforsale Camp Fodder

You spoke with several fans? How many? 10? You're up to about 75 angry fans...maybe.

7. Jaguarsforsale

Jaguarsforsale Camp Fodder

It was a joke. It was for a charity event. It was only a joke. It doesn't matter. It made you angry. That doesn't matter either. This is not an issue. Stop whining. Get over it.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

When I first saw the photo, I thought it was a Photoshop hack. I'll admit it shocked me initially. But after seeing it in context and understanding the circumstances surrounding it, I don't see it as a big deal.

I totally understand why some of you are ticked. I get ticked at fans who sell their tickets to Colts fans and I bet some here who want Fisher's head for doing this have done that. And I'm a lot more disturbed with Fisher for his comments following a 59-0 shellacking than anything he does with his free time.

Knowing Fisher, he planned this months ago without thought to the Titans' record when the event happened. His goal was to generate some publicity for a cause he feels strongly about and you can bet Rocketown has gotten more mention in the media the last couple of days than they have the last couple of years.

http://rocketown.com/about/about-rocketown

9. luxbear

luxbear New England Titan

Bulluck has every reason to be pissed off. If you can't take pride in your own team as a coach, how can you expect your team to raise its spirits? And I definitely think this is going to hurt contract negotiations with Bulluck at the end of the season.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think that's pretty over the line man. So you are suggesting people that spend money on Titans are stupid?

Do you realize that if I decide, eh the Titans don't look good, I'm not gonna buy my tickets this year.. I lose my PSLs. So after that, I would have to get back on the waiting list, or purchase online or buy from scalpers.

I will keep my PSLs regardless of how bad this team ever gets, because it's awesome that Nashville has a pro football team, and I want to support that.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar