Fisher: "We Left a Lot of Plays on the Field"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

jeff george

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

What qb is avaliable though?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No one, and if anyone thinks any QB will come in and learn the playbook in a week and do better then KC, they need a reality check.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Thats the point. Nobody can come in and learn the system and more importantly get the timing down with the WRs in a two week period. O'Donnell made that clear in his analysis of the game. We had an opponent we matched up well against, playing at home, opening day and a win could have been real big. However our lame brain coaching staff (who know much more than we do) decided to go with a guy who:
    1. Isn't that good to begin with
    2. Has never been a real accurate or consistent QB
    3. Only had 2 weeks to prepare.

What we saw is about what you would expect. We would have been better off starting VY. Nice job coaches.

6. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Didn't Fisher say that Volek would be the starter in the Jets game last week? What happened to that? Oh yeah, Billy apparently went on a disgruntled rampage, quit practicing, and told the press that he was disappointed in the decision to sign Collins. Therefore, Billy must be a bad influence on team morale. Bringing in an "experienced vet" to start a regular season game that counts who only had a week and a half to meet fellow players, build chemistry, and get the playbook down will be a great morale move to fix things. I really see last year's Vols situation unfolding in the Titans this year. Look how they did. If the coaches wouldn't have signed Collins and would have kept faith in Volek to do his job, at least the morale of the team wouldn't have been effected. I guess, the coaches wanted to show Billy what a starting QB should be able to do. They failed miserably IMO. Did anyone see Volek on the sidelines yesterday? He was there. He was holding the clipboard and was quite involved in reviewing the offensive plays with Young and Collins. He didn't look like he was losing it to me. I know that if TO was a starting QB who would've gotten demoted to 3rd string a week before a game, he wouldn't have been involved like that on the sidelines. He would have probably not even dressed out and took any fines that the NFL wanted to throw at him and cry about it. I don't care what any of you say about Volek, but he is a stand-up guy who should have had a shot to prove himself in the regular season (since the pre-season doesn't mean anything :rolleyes: ). I will say it again. Volek got shafted and the coaches are now reaping their rewards for screwing up what could've been a rebounding season for the Titans organization. It seems to me that they are already trying to screw up Billy's chances with another team by spouting off this stuff about "poor work ethic" and "bad attitude." The Titans sure have shown us all how ugly the business side of the NFL can be this year and it's not working in their favor, I can tell you that. Put an alcoholic behind the wheel and he will lead you into a ditch. Nice move, Fisher.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

The FO screws up started with R. Godfrey a few yrs ago

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Whoa, stick to the facts as we know them.
    They signed KC and said that they would not take any practice reps from VY. They said taht getting KC caught up would come from BV's reps.
    So where does this notion tha BV quit practicing come from?
    Buying in to the "BV has a poor work ethic" spin from the same mouths that told us BV is the guy, McNair isn't going anywhere, and a host of other untruths?

The managment end is spinning lies every step of the way.
    No one would care if they were a winning franchise, their business sense would be praised.
    But their "business sense" isn't getting the job done.
    They are not picking and coaching players to get the job done, they are just rearranging the deck chairs to make it look like they tried.

I have every confidence that the players will perform well when it becomes VY's team, probably next year. but at this point, I really don't care if Fisher is with us for the future or not. He has made it plain that he isn't the difference maker, and his boy KFC isn't a difference maker either.

9. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I should make it clear that I was being sarcastic. The Titans have really tried hard to make it look as though Billy has all but quit practicing completely and picking fights in the locker room. Just as I said in another post, the Titans coaches and FO are looking at technicalities here. Collins picked up half of Volek's reps in practice. So, therefore, Volek has slacked off at practice to only doing half the work that he was doing 2 weeks ago. I guarantee that he would like to be working more. Being demoted to 3rd QB from the starting position in a matter of a few days has given Billy a "bad attitude." I am sure that Volek was furious to be treated like that and has a reason to be furious. I, however, doubt that he is disrupting the team in any way because of it. Bringing Collins in at the time that they did is doing that pretty well. Some will say that Volek being demoted was a result of his "bad attitude," not the other way around. However, they didn't pay Collins $2 million to sit at 3rd string. Young is going to be involved in certain plays, so that puts him in at 2nd. Volek is quite capable of doing math. As soon as the terms of Collins contract were announced, Billy was unofficially demoted to 3rd. Has there ever been a story like this in the NFL before? A starting QB who has been with the team for 6 years as a backup gets demoted to 3rd string a week before the start of the season? It's insulting and demoralizing to the QB and the team that looked to him as a leader throughout the off-season. That's the problem here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar