Fisher Wants Titans to Run the Ball

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because not every team has keith bulluck playing linebacker. it's not going to work against defenses that have great speed like the colts, but it will work against teams with bad defensive speed like new orleans.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well yeah, but we already know we'd be set if we could just play new orleans every week...

3. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

thats not my point, bulluck is an animal...but the NFL itself is way faster than college, only the best make it....every NFL team has fast enough linebackers to prevent the option, the only option that would work is most likely the zone read...option read whatever you want to call it...no pitching will work, if it would, why doesnt ANY other team do it? Why has it been nearly 20 years since someone has done it in the NFL?

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Dallas ran it with Carter a few years back. It did not work but they used it at least a few times.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because teams put a premium on their QBs and dont want them to take more hits than they need to. not to mention there havent been many QBs with vince's ability to run AND pass.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Just so everyone knows.........the type of option Fisher has mentioned is a zone read option. This means the QB takes the snap (usually in Shotgun) and either hands it to RB going one way, or keeps its and goes the other. There isn't a pitch involved. If I remember correctly, the QB reads the DE to make his decision. Just so we're all on the same page.

7. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

And Young can fake the handoff both ways excellently as well. If you look at the times he used it (90% of the time) he completely through off the defense whether he kept it or gave it away.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

or we could have an 11 man option...no wait, that's Rugby.

9. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

okay that was my point...there will be no pitching involved...i was trying to say that the NFL is a little bit too fast paced to be pitching the ball around...-

10. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

I'm not sure if the option works or not...But wouldn't you love to have seen it with McNair when he was in his running prime ? Maybe they did try it and I missed it... We will see it with VY at least once or twice. Should be fun to watch. Of course, it it blows up twice...it might not be so fun to watch a third time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar