Fisher the great communicator...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tex-titan, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So you never see a bend don't break defensive philosophy once we have a lead in a game?

Broncos don't have to stick with McDaniels for 16 years.

So it's all the players? We don't have the talent to have dominate wins in the playoffs? Even after having the best regular season record, or having the "best team Fisher has ever had"? (I guess that doesn't count since we didn't make the playoffs last year)

I agree. He isn't "bad". He's average.

Allow me.:wink2:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. drawingguy

drawingguy Camp Fodder

3. pettso

pettso Starter

I would prefer us to not look worse than teams like the Broncos and Dolphins. I would also prefer it if we didn't look worse in every second half than we did in the first. Other coaches make adjustments, we don't seem to do anything.

I would also like to not compare our coach to the 'bad' coaches in the league. God forbid we don't settle for someone that's just "better than Josh McDaniels".

When's the last playoff game we won? You can put part of the blame on the players but ultimately the team's performance is on the coach. The same goes for any business. The manager can say his employees fcked up, but if the project fails, its on the manager.

Lets start with not running CJ down the gut for no gain repeatedly first, then work on some sweeps. Having a change of pace back like Blount wouldn't be a bad idea either, but apparently we were hurting on special teams so we needed to sign some no-namers.

I'm making the argument that he's not a good coach and that I, as a fan, want good, not mediocre.

4. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Jeff Fisher: 17+ years of mediocrity and rebuilding. One superbowl appearance that depended on a play that only succeeded by the grace of God. I say we punch this underachieving joke between the eyes and roll the dice.

I think it is really crappy his is doing VY in the media right now as I type. I'm not surprised because it is Fisher's M. O. But disgusting nonetheless.

Look for me this is bigger than Vince. Vince is just the latest victim. Granted there were much better ways to handle the situation for Vince but it doesnt change the fact that IMO fisher does not now or did he ever want vy on the team. Fisher will go out of his way to bury him now because bud told him to get along. He basically is doing to Bud what Vince did to him. Time for bud to pull the trigger.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

No. What I see is a defense that rushes four and drops seven throughout the entire game. This system is one that is built on getting pressure with four all game long. It isn't something that we do when we only have a lead.

I wish I could find his record when going into the fourth with a lead, because it was pretty impressive.

No they don't, but McDaniels has done nothing to earn staying there that long. Jeff Fisher has not done enough to warrant being fired.

I'd say it's mostly the players and a certain amount of luck that's absent to win a super bowl.

Coaches coach and players play. Jeff Fisher wasn't the one out of position when Derrick Mason ran right by Chris Hope for a touchdown and again later in the game to get inside the five.

Jeff Fisher is not totally at fault and is not totally innocent. When it all comes down to it though the players have to make plays, especially when the opportunity presents itself.

6. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

or.........

maybe we knew Fisher when he was still in Houston !!!!

I was rooting for this team before it was in Tennessee.

Granted they were terrible after Moon left but McNair turned it around after a few years.

7. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

So this excuses Fisher from not reaching out to them? How about a little common courtesy?

Oh yeah... Fish doesn't have any.

I didn't even bother commenting how another QB got locked out of the training facilities.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Mawae got stiffed because hes the NFLPA representative, it was pretty much agreed by the owners not to touch him to send a message.

Letting Bulluck go, a joke imo, idc what his current stats are, if hes here, hes our leader on D and hes starting and playing well

Classy move by Jeff to send VY packing, days after Bud told them to get their act together, tool

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The NFL has very little courtesy.

Seriously people, you guys are nitpicking the tiniest little things and letting the hate take hold of your common sense.

Jeff Fisher makes sticking up for his players a regular thing in press conferences. It takes A LOT for him to throw one of his players to wolves like he did with VY. I can only remember him doing it with Pacman and Haynesworth after the stomping incident.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh.

He's FROM New York.

I don't think fans realize that Titans players aren't Titans fans. They're there to work. They have no attachment to Tennessee. It's where they work. Just as you'd go somewhere else to work if they offered you more money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar