Fisher Sees Steady Improvement in Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Rookie QB Vince Young continues to impress Coach Jeff Fisher during the June OTAs. "Well, we have seen steady improvement and we expect to continue to see that," said Fisher after Wednesday's workouts. "He is going to get some time off, however he will be getting together with Coach Chow and Coach Johnson on occasion and I am confident that when he comes back that he will have continued that improvement process. He has had a good experience watching Billy (Volek). Billy has had a real nice three or four days and has really settled down since things have settled down in the quarterback room. So Vince is fortunate to have Billy there, and watch and learn from him." Fisher hinted Young may be used as a red zone weapon this season. "Anytime you get a mobile quarterback like that with legs and the ability, it creates problems in the plus territory," Fisher said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

bring on the preseason...

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

young is going to kill the backup defences in preseason

5. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

VY will be taking over the starting position by week 4. He has shown steady improvement in camp, and will probably get the majority of snaps in preseason games as well.

Billy will see first quarter action, then Young will get second, and third. Then Mauck will mop up in the fourth. At least he will until we sign another QB. Mauck is as good as gone.

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

lol maybe tim couch will be our #3....

7. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Has anyone been out to practice and been able to see if everything we are hearing is fact. I know coaches aren't going to be negative about a #1 draft pick this early but everything we hear about VY has been better than I would have expected. It sounds has if this team looks much improved over last year. IMO VY has great football instincts and is working incredibly hard to learn the system so I wouldn't be shocked if he was way ahead of schedule. It also sounds like our DBs and LBs are much improved. I'd appreciate any info from those of you that have been to the OTAs. I hope we don't try to sign Collins several teams have to many QBs on their roster and maybe we can pick up a decent backup when cuts are made.

8. maximus

maximus Starter

Those are some sweet cleats

9. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Vince Young taking a break? Yah right. He'll be in his house or whatever he lives in watching video or something that has to do with his improvement as a football player.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I just hope he wears socks.
    The last thing we need is some kind of Mario Williams
    foot funk going on down there on his distal phalanges.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar