Fisher Says Titans Need Help at CB, DE and WR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: When asked the Titans primary needs heading into free agency and the NFL Draft, Coach Jeff Fisher said they were cornerback, defensive end and wide receiver. He also mentioned depth at linebacker. When asked about the free safety position, he said he felt the team had quality options in Lamont Thompson, Calvin Lowry and Vincent Fuller. "We've got a good group to work with there," he said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Hopefully he meant Lamont was a quality option as 3rd string backup behind the other 2......

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

With our young guys at S and our recent need of TWO starting CBs I can see where S is less of a need now.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:rolleyes:

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

If what happens in vegas stays in vegas...we might need TWO CB's.

Airline tickets to vegas = $400.00
    Posse to pack the heat for you = $10,000
    Sack of singles at a strip club = $81,000

Getting rid of adam for a non-criminal player...PRICELESS!!!

IMHO, of course. exact dollar figures may vary...

7. User Name

User Name Hot Dog Water

I don't think Vinny Fuller was 100% healthy last season. This in turn may have sparked the Calvin Lowry selection. Lowry will be a really great depth player but I don't think he will ever be starting caliber. He sure wasn't his rookie year. Lamont was put on notice but neither Lowry nor Fuller was ready for the job making Lamont our best option. This year if healthy it will be Vinny's job to lose. The dude was a beast his rookie training camp. Let’s just hope he lives up to all the hype there was about him. Sure would be nice.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Lamont was put on notice but Fisher is an empty threat person.

He rarely makes changes mid-season.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I don't know. Thompson has had how many years to become solid? Lowry, imo, will start this season unless we draft someone that is so good that he starts.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think Fuller will be the starter if he is completely healthy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar