Fisher says angry White's issues resolved

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

On his only carry, White was stuffed. Was it his fault? No way. The interior of the Titans OL was abused most of the game. Jenkins owned Mawae and Amano. The guys is playing better than Haynesworth right now, IMO.

So how does giving White 15 carries up the middle do anything positive? Maybe give the defense some time to rest? That works if you have a lead but the Titans needed points. At least CJ can get the ball to the edge which saw some success. They just didn't do it enough, IMO.

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Fair point.

However, how many times has a player suspended a coach for his actions? So who has authority?

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

If LenDale can shove Coach, why can't I? I make more than LenDale.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Saying you're fatter than LenDale?

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

If you make more than Lendale, you can shove him...it's OK to shove anyone who makes less than you do, because they're not as important...:sarcasm:

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

poppin' rubber bands beotch.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

....make more lovin'? ....more shareholders of McDonald's happy? ....more insurers happy that you don't have lard flowing through your veins? .........more waves doing a cannonball? :gag: .....more people sick when you are sitting down to eat? ......more people wonder how it is that you are considered an athlete?:ha:

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I challenge Alex to find one person besides The Gloat that agrees with his comments here in this thread.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I don't agree with everything he said, but I understand the position he is coming from. I also agree with Alex's point that it does depend on the severity of push. Bumping shoulders with a guy and swinging at him are not the same thing. True, they both are signs of disrespect, but one is more disrespectful than the other.

I don't agree with the idea that the RB coach and White are equals. I know what you are saying about the money, Alex. Like you were saying about football being different than any other job though. And this is one of those cases. Coaches aren't making as much money, but they are still in a position of authority over players.

I think this will be handled in house, and a suspension won't be necessary. And LenDale does need more carries.

BTW, is there an official story about this yet? I haven't seen this anywhere other than this board.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Haha, i don't think even the Gloat agrees with me on this one!

And maybe my whole, the coach isn't the boss thing, isn't very realistic or accurate. But I do think the dynamic is much much different from college or high school, and the dynamic shift is much greater from college to pro, than high school to college. Think about it, it's one of the reason coaches struggle so much in the transition. More power in the hands of players.

All that was kind of off-topic anyway, but I thought it was interesting and entertaining, hopefully some others did too.

And all though I think everyone disagrees with this as well:
    I truly do believe though, until I see video evidence that could change my opinion, that it's no big deal about what happened with Byner and LW. Lendale should not be suspended by the Titans for it. He shouldn't have even been benched the entire game for it. And that Byner probably deserves some blame for the situation because he should know how to handle his running back. That is part of his job, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar