Fisher said........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Volek could have been talking about Chow not his teamamtes!

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"In response, Volek critiqued the offense and wondered aloud how any quarterback would succeed in that system, given the team's personnel shortcomings."

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Thank you Ewker-Broken Record

I remember reading that article & somehow I managed to miss the key part about Volek/Fisher.

We don't know if it was a civilised conversation or a heated argument but if that is the sole reason why KFC is here i'ts unbelievable. At leasy Volek is still here & by way of how he's handled it he hasn't burnt his bridges yet. Maybe there's still hope.

WTF does that say about our offence? How will it affect Fisher's relationship with other player's considering Volek was right on the money & got shafted for it.

This is some can of worms.:hmm:

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Is it unusual for Fisher to dis-own someone? Volek was sitting next to Woolfolk!
    Who, IMO, should be sitting next to Hill, Thompson, Collins and a couple other no-football-playing bodies.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I think the head coach should absolutely have that kind of power, but he should have to live with the ramifications of his decisions and ultimately be held 100% responsible/accountable for them.

6. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Collins WILL start next week.

That one is amazing to me. Fisher is toying with outright stupidity on keeping Kerry on as the starter. My only hope is that he is trying to throw the fins off.

To me it really doesn't matter who starts to opposing defenses. Our schemes are obviously transparent, both offensively and defensively.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

NO WAY!! JUST NO WAY!! Do you honestly think Peyton or Donovan or any other quarterback in the NFL just nods his head if there's something on the offence they don't think is working right??

When you're in a private meeting with your employer/coach you're expected to state your opinion, even if that means disagreeing with the coach or calling out other players and/or coaches.

If we have a team where the players can't speak their mind to the coaches, no wonder we're going down the crapper!!

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Chow is personnel, both are employed by Bud Adams and the Titans organization

9. Fry

i really doubt when he said peronnel he meant coaching. i think he would have said coaching.

10. Fry

guys like peyton and mcnabb have earned the right to do that. when you go to pro bowls and prove yourself as a player that is worth a damn and then you dont produce because the guys around you aren't what they used to be, then you are probably right. but when you'r a vet qb who has never been the guy and you're not doing what the coaches are asking of you and you take no responsability for it, then i'd say that's an attitude problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar