Fisher Ready to Get Titans Refocused

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

10+ wins next season better happen. The window for a series of playoff runs begins in '08 and should continue for the next 3 seasons and longer depending on how well the Titans draft and manage the cap.

Think about it.

Young is entering his third season. The game should begin to slow down for him.

White is in year three. If he takes care of himself, he should only get better. Same for Henry.

If the Titans lock the tackles up, we're set. Finding replacements for Mawae and Olson may have already happened.

WR and TE is a concern because I don't see anyone on the roster now that is any more than second-level talent. I think they look to free agency and the draft here.

Defensively, if they can keep Albert and Odom or get a decent DE option Odom, I think we're set. I would not be surprised to see a push for some LB talent next season to eventually replace Bulluck and/or upgrade MLB. Fowler may improve with a season under his belt.

If Hope is okay, he and Griffin are set for years to come. Finnegan and Pacman would also be solid on the outside. If no Pacman, then that becomes another huge need at some point.

Bironas will be shown the money. Hentrich likely retires at the end of this season so that'll be a need. But they may bring back the guy they had in earlier this season.

I like most of the talent on this team outside of TE/WR and the experience should be there to make a big run. The key will be locking up the top talent and bringing in solid draft picks while using free agency to plug holes along the way.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Good post jeff..

I'm just concerned we couldn't get some of these guys signed to this point. Instead of this emerging monster we seem to have too much uncertainty. Also with vince struggling this year they have to make a decision about whether to try and obtain more long term depth there rather than just kerry collins.

3. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

I say draft a true pocket passer and put the pressure on "VY" maybe he will wake up and do what he knows best make plays happen!!

4. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Send Collins back to his farm in NC !!

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What is discouraging is we start off 6-2, our defense is playing far better than anyone anticipated, the combo of White, Henry and Brown seemed to fill the void of the loss of T. Henry and except for VY needing to get on track this team seemed to have turned the corner. Now we sit with 3 games remaining having lost 4 of the last 5 tallking about maybe winning 10 games next year. Heck, all we had to do to win 10 games this year is play 500 ball in the second half of the season.

On top of that our best defensive player is an UFA, two of our DEs are FAs, we need to get something done to keep our OL intact, the high priced MLB we brought in is no better than Sirmon, we really haven't answered any questions about our WR situation and our best WR right now is going to be a FA. We drafted 3 WRs and unless a miracle happens in the offseason this group will have a very hard time even being as good as the group 3 years ago. Maybe the worst part of all is we have an imposter who looks like VY but certainly doesn't play liike VY playing QB this year.

6. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Wow...:rolleyes:

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree with this, but then he needs to pour gas on Schwartz and relight (not literally....Schwartz just needs to go.).

I too am concerned about the FA situation, but believe that, given our cap situation (and the fact that I am an optimist), we will take care of this in the offseason. I am not sure about whether Albert comes back (the $$ will get ridiculous here, IMO), which means that we will need to focus on the DL, in addition to WR/TE, in the offseason. If Pac does come back (for those of us not in Nashville, has he kept out of trouble since the wrestling thing?), and if Hope recovers, our secondary will be one of the best in the league (assuming we have a new DC).

I think that VY will have his breakout season next season. The game is slowing down for him now...he just needs to get back to being himself, which I think he will realize during the offseason. Coaches attempted to remold him during his sophomore season at Texas also, then he came out in his junior year and just played (resulting in the first of two Rose Bowl comebacks). While I understand that this is not college, I think that he will have a similar attitude next year.

I still see us as a playoff contender this year, but see us as a legitimate contender for the division title (and a deep playoff run) next year. Again, I am an optimist.

8. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

My Exact feelings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar