Fisher Praises Team on Final Practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the bye this weekend, Titans Coach Jeff Fisher has given his team a break until next Wednesday and praised them for their final practice today. "For the first time in a long time I almost cut practice short and sent them in. The 9-on-7 that we had today was as good as I’ve seen a football team have and they had no business doing what they were doing today because it’s the last day of bye week," Fisher said. "That was very, very impressive. It kind of shows the level of commitment that they’ve made. They deserve this time off, and they’ll make the right choices, enjoy the rest, and come back and play more football."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Hopefully this is a great sign of this teams attitude. I think many of us believed they would be better than they played the 1st 4 games. The coaches have done a great job getting the team back to this point and had a great plan the last 2 games. If this can carry over past the bye week we could be competive for the rest of the season giving them great coinfidence going into next year.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I wish Fisher would keep his happiness to himself. He doesn't need to put it in any of these players minds that he is satisfied. Fisher should, IMO, never be satisfied. This kind of gushing is what gets a coach screwed over.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Maybe all of Fishes jubilation stems from the fact that none of his players got arrested this week...

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's their bye .... they still have 10 days left :whoop:

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:yes:

7. lol, y would he cut practice short, thats the last thing he needs to do, were 1-5....

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

He needs to run practice long to cut drinking and partying short.

9. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

How many times has Fisher had the opportunity to praise this team? They are young and sometimes positive reinforcement is the best way to get good results. Publicly acknowledging their commitment and discipline could really go a long way in building this teams confidence in themselves and in the system. I've got no issue with what he said.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I agree. You can begin to feel things turnaround. The Titans are building confidence and are getting the savor the taste of a win for a couple of weeks.

The true test will be how the team responds and if they can continue to improve. If they come back and look flat against the Texans, all the heat that was on the team after the Cowboys game will be back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar