Fisher: "Pacman Needs to Look Elsewhere"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I think Fat Al's play last year was a pretty big indictment of Fisher and staff. After years of inconsistent, unmotivated play, Haynesworth, self-motivated by the carrott of a big contract finally lived up to his full potential (something Fish and crew could never bring out of him).

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

So, prior to yesterday's press conference, did you believe (on any level) that Pac staying with the Titans for another year was in the Titan's plans?

It was patently obvious to me that we were done with him, and I can't believe it wasn't obvious to other teams as well.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

For anyone that wants to argue that we're better without Pacman, please just watch the following video and count how many big plays that lead to points were given up by Nick Harper:
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29278&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG6

The one play he wasn't burnt on, he made sure to miss the easy tackle.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29396&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG14
    First, give credit he finally made an interception in this game rather than losing the ball and letting it fall. But once again? If you need a big play in the last minutes? Just throw it to whoever Harper is chasing. Then he whiffs on the screen pass that ended up being a huge 1st.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29360&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG12
    Alright, everyone got burned this game on both sides. But Out of the 4 passing highlights or so in this clip, Harper is responsible for at least 2. And they're terrible. He's nowhere even close to the receiver.

He was also repetively torched and just picked on vs Indy when we lost by 2 points.
    We had 3 games that we could have won this year simply by having Pac on field. And there's a big difference between 10-6 and 13-3.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Everything up to yesterday was only speculation.

Yes, I felt the Titans wanted to be rid of him but that's far different than saying what Fisher did then backing off as if he had made a Freudian slip.

Fisher came off to me as a late-night TV cheesy used car salesman shouting "Everything has to go! We've got to close inventory! Our prices are insane because WE'RE insane! Push, pull or drag it in. We'll accept any offer but you'll have to call us NOW!"

[​IMG]

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yikes- He looks like a natural in that leisure suit. :ha:

6. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

look closley at those #s most of the improvement was on the rushing attack... and the passing #s are a little better but not much and thats with one of the top defensive fronts in the nfl.. in 06 we had reynoldo hill opposite of pacman and lamont thompson at the safety position and those guys where horriable.. in 07 we had an improvement because michael griffen is better than lamont thompson and harper and finnegan are both better than reynoldo hill....now other stats i dont see up there are special teams production and interceptions????? bottom line we had no where to go but up from 06 and with pacman on the team in 07 we would have been even better...

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

And I can name just as many if not more times that Harper stepped up to a Rb and made an open field tackle I doubt Pacman would have. Harper is not the answer to our CB situation but at least he made plays when we needed them. He was a crucial part of our run D last season and gets totally unappreciated for it.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I generally agree, except we all thought that Pac's trade value was in the toilet anyway. Before Jeff's slip-up we were offered a 7th round pick - nothing Fisher could say would make his value drop further. I don't think he should have said it, but I don't think it matters much at this point.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He made plays when we needed them? No, he made plays when the other team needed them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar