fisher "Not going anywhere"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Sk...

They didn't succeed, but Reese didn't either cause we couldn't tag Kearse and trade him. This prevented us from getting a 1st rnd pick (or more) from trading Kearse. It was a bad move by Reese not to figure this in to his cap.

That is not the implication Reese gave at the time. And the fact that Reese 'wanted' to re-sign Hartwig is also a BAD sign.

Backup QB's are traded for better draft picks than what we got for McNair. It's a joke! We would have gotten a better pick if we didn't have to cut him and shopped him much earlier. Several teams could have used him for one year. And yes, you're right. By the time it got to the point of arbirtration and the humiliation of the franchise, it was too late. As I stated earlier, they should have done all this asap, not wait til just before the season starts. Bad management.

Gut

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Gut, you're going to send to an insane asylum soon.

And I think one post is going to overload the server :ha:

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

The point is that even after losing players every year (more than I'd advocate), they are still a perennial playoff team with a shot at the Super Bowl.

I'd agree after 3-4 years of losing players, they aren't the same team they used to be, but notice that they are in playoff contention and that's WITH a lot of injuries. If there D and their RB's get healthy, they'll again be in the playoffs with a legit chance to win the SB. While the Chargers are the class of the AFC this year, the Pats D (if healthy) can slow LT and put the game on Rivers' shoulders. And we know their playoff history with the Colts. So I'd say if they get healthy and get in, they have a shot.

We of all people should know being the #1 seed doesn't guarantee you a trip to the conference championship, let alone a trip to the Super Bowl, let alone WINNING the thing.

Their concept works (though they take it a little too far IMO).

Gut

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Let's not forget the Pats have also lost their OC and DC in the last few years. Their record is pretty amazing factoring that in also.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pats are not going anywhere..

Can't beat the colts or the chargers on the road.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Maybe the Colts who are a bit Jeckle & Hyde but yeah certainly not the Bolts.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Pat's run of success

The Pats have been able to thrive on a certain degree of 'come to New England if you want to win a championship' aura surrounding the team.

Brady's last contract was said to have been unselfishly less than it could have been in order to keep the team together.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/05/08/mmqb.brady/index.html

This kind of image has helped them attract usefull free agents in the twilight of their careers for reasonable money. Seau being the most recent example.

They also had some success getting some so called problem players to produce. Corey Dillon was said to be a cancer in Cincinatti but Pats players love him.

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Apparently there were several players taking smaller contracts to "stay together" at one time. Apparently, that is all starting to change now.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

We matched his contract (which was huge), but he decided to blow us off for the Panthers because "they were a contender".

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Worst thing we did was try and keep Hartwig, best decision he ever made was to leave (I bet we can silently thank Haynesworth for that)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar