fisher "Not going anywhere"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ i stand by my prior statement

Reese built a powerhouse in the 90's

his best draft of this new era was last year, and even that class is riddled with questions

AND FURTHERMORE :
    yes Reese has brought in some talented guys - however, they are not necessarily guys who fit well into our schemes - remember that

2. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

I just hope Fish wants to be here and nobody else makes him a better, more attractive offer. I hope he loses Schwartz, but that won't happen.

3. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

The last 2 drafts have been solid. Perhaps they are an indication the scouting problems from 2003 and 2004 have been addressed, but that question is above my pay grade to answer. A lot of the busts were very talented and productive in college. Sometimes you just roll snakeeyes. I say keep Reese, on the grounds that one usually shouldnt change course when things are beginning to go well. Bud seems less certain he is sticking around, for whatever reason.

I am glad Fisher is staying. He is not perfect, but neither is anyone else we could hire, and we know for sure he can lead a team to the Super Bowl.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's still a little early to be passing judgement on the past 2 drafts (thats why I left them out)

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

[​IMG]

I was pretty much going to say the same thing.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I'm just trying to say that although Floyd has had nice drafts the past couple of years, he has also had absolutely colossal misses. Yes it happens everywhere, but all i'm saying is hold the phone on giving Reese the credit for this current run. Also, I can only recall one of our bad seasons being based on injuries, that being 2004... before we blew the team up.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2004 was a glimpse of the team without Mase, Rolle, McNair etc.

8. Ahhh... how quickly the fans forget. To remind you, the Titans had the best record in the NFL from 1999-2003, went to 2 AFC Championship games, and 1 Super Bowl. You don't do that without a good GM. And Reese drafted/signed the vast majority of the guys on those rosters.

As for cap hell, he did it to keep a contender together for as long as possible. He did what Bud Adams told him to do. And again, he's put together a great foundation for another contending team.

With the exception of Andre Woolfolk, I'd say he's done pretty well. Every team has busts, but if his drafts were as bad as you suggest then we wouldn't be in as good a position as we are in right now heading into next year.

Why? It has worked fine in the past.

Fisher didn't want to draft McNair. Fisher probably wouldn't have drafted a number of players who were crucial to the last contending team. Why dump the guy who did put together a winner?

9. Woolfolk was a bust. Gardner was a bust. They happen. None of the rest of them were. A bunch of the guys you mentioned were day 2 picks, which means they aren't any kind of guarantee to begin with.

Calmus was a very good LB when he was healthy. He just couldn't stay healthy. And since he was never hurt in 4 years of starting at OU, there's no way you can blame Reese for that.

Calico was looking like he could be a very good pick before the torn ACL. He was never the same afterwards. Again, there's no way to blame Reese for a player getting hurt like that.

And for every day 2 guy you list as a "bust", I can probably come up with a day 2 pick or undrafted signee who was a major contributor...

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

True...

But he also ran this team into the ground forcing us to rebuild for several years.

His drafting also leaves something to be desired.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar