Fisher Not Going Anywhere

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Rumors about Titans coach Jeff Fisher leaving for another head coaching job have run rampant the last few weeks. The truth is that Fisher is under contract until the end of the 2006 season and has an option that keeps him head coach of the Titans into 2007. Chances that Titans owner Bud Adams fires Fisher due to back-to-back horrendous seasons are slim because Adams isn't going to make the same mistake he made after the 1980 season when he fired Bum Phillips — the most popular coach in Oilers history. The Oilers failed to make the playoffs the next six seasons. Asked why rumors of him leaving have been common the last couple of months, Fisher replied, "I have no idea. I'm under contract, and I have no interest in leaving. I think when teams struggle and people begin to speculate about potential changes, there are all kinds of rumors that fly around. Year after year, there have been all kinds of rumors that never come true."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I thought I smelled bullpoo in those rumors. Flush that crapola :flush:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm surprised Bud remembers back to the 80s.

4. maximus

maximus Starter

:ha: :ha: :ha:

5. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

McClain's been saying that for months; it's good to see him devote a column to it. Not that it will quell many rumors.

6. pking34

pking34 Guest

I hope Jeff Fisher is around for a long, long time.

7. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

It would be smart to resign Fisher to a long term deal... not allowing him to enter the last year of his contract. This off season use that option year and rework a new one.

8. hokie77

hokie77 Camp Fodder

Keep Fisher, but get rid of Reese....

who got us into this salary cap mess.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

salary cap hell comes and goes. it's what happens when you have talented players and you're trying to win. it's starting to happen to the colts, and it already happened to the jags. it's a part of football now.

10. maximus

maximus Starter

Almost every Colt fan will deny it will happen to them; I cant wait for it to happen to them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar