Fisher loses coach of the year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No coach of a non-playoff team ever deserves the coach of the year award...

2. Lone Star

Lone Star Starter

Allow me to clarify. I never meant to imply the Titans are a talentless team. Not by any means. There is good talent on this team. Mangini, Payton, and the other candidates are all deserving. I just think that taking a team from an 0-5 record to 8-8 with the worst statistical defense and a raw rookie quarterback to within 1 win of a playoff birth is impressive.

3. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Whom ever it was within our organization that made the decision to put Vince in is who should get some award, but I'll agree, Payton and the city of New Orleans deserves an award(heck even an NFC Championship).

4. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Yeh I agree with that, he probably would have won it by a land-slide also...

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Just cause I'm a Titans fan doesn't make me want to go out and say Jeff deserves the award. He helped turn this team around from a miserable start and he deserves credit for that, but to say he deserves coach of the year honors is an overstatement at this time.

His real challenge will be our performance coming into next season. If he's able to turn the team into a playoff contender, then he should deserve consideration in 07. But until then, a pat on the back is the only honors he deserves.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I guess if you win coach of the year you need to be in the playoffs.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Lone star...

"I just think that taking a team from an 0-5 record to 8-8 with the worst statistical defense "

Jeff fisher didn't inherit an 0-5 team he coached the team to that 0-5 record. You and others write as if the guy was somewhere else the first 5 games. As we have discussed on this board so many times many of us believe that we have the worst defense because we have a bad defensive coordinator. A defensive coordinator hired and retained by jeff fisher. The poor defense is on jeff fisher!

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Fisher's "great coaching skills" from game 6 onward has, in my mind, been washed by the absolutely pathetic handling of the team from pre-season until the time he finally SURRENDERED and let Vince play.

9. Lone Star

Lone Star Starter

Yes, he coached them to 0-5. He also coached them to 8-3 the rest of the way. Good coaches find ways to get it done. Whether people agree or disagree, Jeff Fisher did an excellent job this season. I also know JS stinks. No question about it. Fisher is going to fix the defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar