Fisher is an idiot!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Hey Jeff, get off Vince's back...........he saved your job twice! :sad2:

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Actually, I dont understand what is so taboo with benching a starting QB when the other team is practically aiming to send him to the hospital and you are down two scores in the fourth. Especially if the backup has proven he is competent.

That said, I love Vince. He just needs to put this game behind him and get ready to go next week.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Well put! Collins shredded the Steelers D 2 years ago for the Titans, and Vince was obviously confused as hell by it. Jeff Fisher is an idiot for trying to win the game? Fact is, Fisher was willing to deal with all of this crap (this post being a perfect example of the crap I'm talking about) and risk looking like an idiot just to try and sneak out a comeback victory in a game where everything had gone wrong. Al Davis was at one time a very smart football guy. Remember "Just win baby!" That's what it's all about. It's not about sparing someone's feelings. Vince wasn't going to lead us to victory yesterday. Period. I'm glad Fisher gave Collins a chance to. Vince is the man. He has grown up a lot. We'll find out a lot about just how much by how he reacts to this situation. Be a man Vince. You weren't getting the job done. You had a bad day. Come back and play better next week, and know that those boos are gonna happen when you don't play well. It's not personal. We just want the Titans to win. That's all Jeff Fisher wants too. Titans fans support you Vince, and so does coach Fisher. I've seen Peyton Manning throw 5 interceptions in one game! What did he do after that? He worked hard, and became one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game of football. I think many Titans fans are overreacting right now. Fisher an idiot? Nah.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think this situation will be handled well and Fisher will let Vince know he believes in him and we will beat the Giants next week.

The Giants are not a strong defense so we'll see how the offensive line responds.

5. drawingguy

drawingguy Camp Fodder

I think we will all be best served by reality. This will obviously be another long season. The VY experiment has been a costly mistake. Personally I feel four years has been wasted on this guy with absolutely no perceivable improvement. It's now reached the point of national embarrassment. We are going to no super bowl with VY. And if not, what's the real point of having a team? He has not the mental ability nor the physical talent to achieve such.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Where were you last week when he had the highest passing rating of any QB?

Our record with him as QB is 26-14. National embarrassment my arse!

7. drawingguy

drawingguy Camp Fodder

Last week? Against Oakland, quite possibly the worst team in the nfl? I'm thinking most any high school team in Nashville could beat Oakland. Look man, not here to argue. Just my opinion.... we ain't going nowhere as long as VY is QB. I said that four years ago.... and got banned. Now here we are four years later, with espn now cracking jokes about the titans. I think the writings on the wall.... that is if Adams will be man enough to admit his mistake and get serious about building a professional team.....

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

It could be worse - I'm stuck with Favre as my fantasy QB.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This game was lost on two things. (1) the offensive line, and (2) Fisher being Fisher. I absolutely hate how Fisher coaches when playing teams like the Steelers, Colts, Chargers, Dolphins, etc..... He won't try for a 1st down on any 3rd & longs. Stop playing conservatively! A 2-yard run with Ringer wont set anything up... And why is Ringer in the game when we're pinned back in our own territory??? Vince Young did NOT lose us this game. #43 is going to make even Manning and Brees look bad at times.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wisely kept Rodgers in over the tempting Vince Young. After the Raiders game, I thought Vince was set to do well this week, glad I second guessed that idea. Favre will do better than this weekend. Better days ahead buddy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar