Fisher Impressed with Young

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

roby, thomas and wade.

2. bromike

bromike Guest

I think any team who passeson young will live to regret it. What you look at with great quaterbacks is their will to win. When you have a leader on your tean that will not let you lose you have a pecial player. Mac Brown put that kind of pressure on young and he took it and ran with it. He made it no secret that Vince Young would not let them lose. How can a player so dominate at the next highest level in college in a big time program who just defeated the greatest offensive team in college football history be questioned? The media wants to type cast him as the athletic black quaterback type where you have to second guess what he can do after seeing him not just in one game but for a whole season be nothing less than phenomenal. Randall Cunningham came through at the wrong time the Bears, forty niners, and cowboys were just too good during his prime or he would have won a few superbowls. I think Vince is more like Randall than Michael Vick who everyone wants to compare him to.

3. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Good comparison.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

True. Vince Young pump fakes the ball past the line of scrimmage to make defenders miss as Randall did. I wonder what those defenders score on the wonderlic test was?

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, Vince Young aside, that's what they said about Vick too. I personally would have no problem if the Titans passed on him. Athleticisme isn't everything in the NFL, some of the best players in the league don't boast the fastest 40 or highest vertical.

You really should go back and look at how other "dominating" college quarterbacks fared in the NFL, must of them become huge busts.

Now I'm not saying Vince Young won't be a good QB, but to rely solely on his winning record and athleticism is a recipe for disaster.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Ok well then I guess we can't draft Leinart either then because of his 33-2 record or w.e it was. Especially since Vince had a higher completion percentage then Leinart.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Exactly, I hate nothing more than people who hold Leinart up as the best QB, simply because USC won a ****load of games.

8. bromike

bromike Guest

I love it. Theprizdfighter excellent point! I'm talking about dominate quaterbacks in a national title type program. I am not talking about the fake heisman winners that's a bunch of crap. I am talking about quarterbacks who were truly winners. It's not just about being an athelete but being a winner. That's the intangible Vince Young brings to the table. I think Floyd will make the right decision again like he did with steve. Forget about the nay sayers and take the best football player who happens to be a quarterback.

9. bromike

bromike Guest

When it comes to a franchise quarterback it's better to take the time and develope the best talent than to try and make a quick hit. Case and point I am sure many people would have like to have had Kerry Collins over Mac in that draft in what 95. Kerry is going to his fifth team. Mac is one of only a select few of quarterbacks starting right now that has been with the same team as a started for more than 7 seasons. If you look at the record of those teams I can almost guarantee you they are much better off. The Titans have no idea how good they have had it over the past ten years. If this team ever goes through the revolving quaterback syndrome we have no idea of what it's like to always lose. ( see arizona post jake plummer) Even though jake wasn't great he did bring some stability. Another example Aaron Brooks in New Orleans believe it or not the most winnest quarterback in Saints history.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

although, i dont think the saints had ever made it to the playoffs before that. so that isnt a huge deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar