Fisher Has To Go.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

Musta been after i left..... Id have joined in!!!

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Don't let these posters fool you.......Outside of fanatical sites like Gotitans.com, the majority of the populace in Nashville feel pretty positive about Fisher and the staff.

This place represents about .02% of the fan base. Listen all day long at www.1045thezone.com for a local slant. I speak with people everyday from "suburb" areas and 90% feel the complete opposite of the idiots here. Outside of this site, it's not about Fisher.

I'm amused by the dorks that comment here, but ignorance is bliss.......I guess.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

:banned:

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

yeah, you don't know what your talking about...

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Chapparal, the last of the Fisher lovers. Oh, I almost forgot about all the people in the 'burbs. :ha:

"Idiots" "Dorks" Name calling is the last resort of the hard-headed. Grow up.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd imagine they're afraid to ask the good questions. Other than Fisher, where do the media outlets in Nashville go for a worthwhile sports story.. Around here we have 10 pro teams, and no one in the New York media hesitates to ask the juicy questions. That's what makes it hard to be mediocre in the New York market. In Nashville you can coast thru your seasons without concern. No one is watching. Besides, who's interviewing Fisher? Mike Keith, ha!

7. Chapparal97

OK smartguy.......read this site and all the comments.......Whata buncha fools. About 6-8 weeks ago you all asked for changes in game plans and play calling, you got it. If I recall, last time Jeff put on a jersey and pads was '86. He doesn't play the freeking game. He has multi-millionaire players to do that.

He didn't drop passes that hit him in the hands or letters today. He didn't get any penalties called on him today. He didn't try and arm tackle a fireplug RB today. He didn't underthrow wide open receivers today. He didn't allow a back up TE to gain 20 yards on a reverse. He didn't have multiple handoffs and then dance 3 yards behind the line rather than hit the hole forward. He wasn't the over-rated, undersized cornerback that can't tackle. He isn't the MLB that for whatever reason is a bust.......etc, etc

No, what we have is NOT a coaching/Jeff problem. We have a player problem. And I assure you, 90% of the fan base feels the same.

8. PassTitansPass

PassTitansPass Starter

Totally non-scientific:

a) local sports media would never call for Fisher's head. If this were NYC, he'd have been hung in effigy about 7 times this season. Here, he's gently scolded or less. Too many ex-Titans on radio, too many sportscasters not wanting to get on Fisher's bad side (less access to the team).

b) Bud Adams is a funny old man to most. He gained considerable good-will currency by flashing the finger to Buffalo fans. Most here don't see him as the problem. Yet.

c) the consensus that I've heard from fans is far-more anti-Young then anti-Fisher. A lot of "five years is enough to know". Not a lot of "16 years is enough to know". Yet.

d) Much of this is subject to change after Thursday night's game. Nashville doesn't like controversy. Most didn't like Pac-Man. Fisher has done a good job in the press of keeping his nose clean (in spite of marriage issues and possible alcohol use).

Again, none of this is scientific. And this is based on what I've heard, not what I feel.

9. Chapparal97

Dude, I'm probably old enough to be your Dad. You have fun being part of the Sheeple.

Oh, and BTW.......last I checked, Jeff doesn't write the player checks either. The crazy old dude in Houston does. The same crazy old dude that doesn't let his coach be a coach.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Ahh, the old "coach didn't drop any balls, etc" excuse. So by this logic no coach should ever be held accountable for what goes on between the lines. Sure the coach can't be blamed for every single mistake a player makes. But isn't it the coach's job to, I don't know, COACH? Isn't having your players ready a big part of coaching? We've had an awful lot of mistakes lately. Can't you admit that's at least partially on coaching?

If by "fan base" you mean "Fisher's immediate family" then I believe you. But if not I assure you you're wrong about that. Especially after these last two weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar