Fisher had too much power..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Some wonderful articles in the Tennessean this weekend about the titans situation and Fisher's departure and the more we know the more we can appreciate that he is gone.

One of those articles said that fisher had too much power and that made the coaching less effective and the draft process less effective. With a new coach we go back to normal mode with MR making all the draft decisions and coaches having to produce to keep their jobs.

1. Chuck Cecil. Best pals with Fisher and Fish wanted him back! Even extended him! Why would a head coach in today's NFL have the power to grant an extension to a coach without approval from the GM?:grrr:

2. Rayna Stewart. Quality control guy on defense who never even coached at the college level much less the pros. He was a high school coach! It's like the position barely matters.

3. Fisher's son. He tried to get him a job as a quality control guy.:suspect:

4. Alan lowry-average at best special teams coach who only by luck has had good return teams. Another fisher pal who would have had that job for life.

5. Fred Graves, second rate WR coach who was let go but under Fisher would have stayed.

6. Earnest Byner-Good RB coach who by any definition was getting great results from our Rbs. Let go for a USC guy who returns the loyalty by skipping out.

No matter who our new HC is we have at least gotten rid of these moronic attitudes and now coaches will have to do their jobs to keep them. Things are looking up..

• High Five High Five x 16
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Losing Fisher in my mind is the best thing to ever happen to this generation of Titans players. Six years ago was the beginning to the end, and it's crazy it's taken six years to dump the guy. Better late than never I suppose.

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

So you're saying Fisher had some soul power?!

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agree completely RT. But this is exactly what many of us have been screaming for awhile now. No coach should have the kind of power Fisher had here. Particularly one who never did anything to prove he was worthy of that power.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Fisher had so much power that he had the guys who he just quit on throw him an @ss-kissing send-off party. Even as he left, he had these yes men (Underwood and Reinfeldt) singing his praises as the best coach to ever do it.

Gimme a GD break. And the worst part is they will continue to operate in the same way that Fisher would have. He might be gone but he left his stench all over this organIzation.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That about sums it up.

I bet all the Coaches above wanted Legarrette Blount on this team, also.

It's going to be very interesting to see who will replace these bums. Something tells me it's not going to make me jump up and down.

7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

no one man should have all dat power...

but srsly, its now confirmed that fisher played favorites and had too much power? this is what a lot of people already kinda knew just by observation, good too know for sure tho

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Where you been at, Pacman 4 HoF?

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Too many Urkels on our team dats why our WinsLow
    :cool:

• High Five High Five x 8
  10. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Post of the decade. No debate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar