Fisher getting cooked by ESPN writer Sal Paolantonio

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol your entire premise is that because one guy is in the league he is better than someone who isn't and it doesn't matter if he isn't playing because of injury. Wow major reach points for you.

Eddie was at the end of his career, Chris Brown was at the beginning. The so called UPGRADE was so much better he managed a MAJOR 30 more yards and 1 Touchdown more than who he replaced.

umm okay, good work on making a point no one said.

Because they barely play.

lol again with that thought process. I guess Lo Neal pretty much sucks, he can't get an NFL job either.

wow...a whole 30 yards better. Gee what was I thinking. 30 yards. The upgrade provided less than half a football better more rushing yards than who he replaced.

Bravo Chris Brown, you were the king for one year. 30 yards dear lord. lol.

Lack of comprehension is a major downfall for you isn't it.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I have not followed the eddie vs brownie discussion too carefully but 2001 might be a better example when lowly skip hicks was able to double eddie's ypc yet eddie still got his 20 carries a game. Any run of the mill backup could have been a major improvement over eddie that year but no changes were made.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Based on Gloat's theory they are both equal since they are both out of the league.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

upgrade
    2 entries found.

upgrade[1,noun]upgrade[2,verb]

Main Entry: 1up·grade
    Pronunciation: \ˈəp-ˌgrād\
    Function: noun
    Date: 1873
    1 : an upward grade or slope
    2 : increase, rise
    3 : improvement 2b

How can anyone not see that replacing Lamont Thompson woud have been an IMPROVEMENT? Replacing Eddie in his final years, an IMPROVEMENT?

Just because the players that replace them do not become All-pro's, does not mean that they are not upgrades.

Gunny, is Lamont an upgrade to Lowry/Fuller? If so, why aren't we signing him for pennies to backup our new starters?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

30 yards is what the upgrade provided. 30 measly yards.

The 'upgrade' wasn't an upgrade.

Wouldn't know Lowry and Fuller have never been starters long enough. Thompson was a damn good back up, he's the reason why we (stupidly) got rid of Schulters.

However better or worse, the difference isn't much.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Way to leave out the YPC, considering C.Brown was over a yard more PER CARRY!

Sure thing Fisher.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Who cares. Chris Brown was better that year, but all he gave us was 30 more yards.

He WASN'T an upgrade. He was a better player when on the field, but his production gave us 30 more yards.

8. Audioman

Audioman Camp Fodder

Have to go w/ Gunny on EG vs. CB. Two stats I haven't seen mentioned are:

Eddie played all 16 games in 2003 w/ 1 fumble (lost) in 312 carries
    CB only 11 games in 2004 w/ 6 fumbles (4 lost) in 220 carries

Remember the fumbler? I do. Fisher definitely does!
    (Wasn't this thread about him?)

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Final word from the resident expert....me!

On a scale of 1-10 would rate fisher a 6.5. Solid. the media treats him like he is a 9.

10. Audioman

Audioman Camp Fodder

I would put him a little higher, maybe 7.5, but the main point is correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar